Chain Saw Warranty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with John Walker. He said he fills out a warranty card on the saw and sends it to the factory, and that he warrants the work he does on the saw. So it sounds like you're kinda, sorta, might be covered. Anyway, it sounded good enough for me, so I went on and ordered that 357xp. :D

I'm sure they stand behind what they do. That's the right attitude, though, Mike. If youre not sure plung in headfirst and to hell with the consequences:eek:

Mike, as far as I know, all the major saw builders warranty their work, and as it is the dealers responsibility to send in the warranty cards, the rest of the saw is covered by that...the only problem I have ever run into, is once, a saw that I built needed some warranty work done, and he took it to another dealer, who upon seeing the cylinder work refused to do it. The warranty work had nothing to do with the work I had performed, but he had to bring it back to my shop to get it done...where it wasnt a problem.

You definitely did right in checking first though...you will love your 357 once it is done up!!

I should also add Mike, that in the 3 years I have been building saws, and the at least ten years I have been seeing Walkers work, I personally have yet to see a piston/cyl failure as a result of the work performed. I am sure it has happened, but I have yet to see it.
I should also add that this pertains to building a woods saw...I know there are a pile of ruined racing cylinders out there..lol..some of them are mine...but these saws are being taken to the extreme...

Back