Chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Francisco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Happy Holidays to all, I have a homelite C9 and wondering what CC & year that it could be? Aaron Francisco

Chain saw

Thank You , Gatkeper 1 for the info. on this saw, I had just got it going & had asked homelite 360 on some info but forgot to ask about that Thanks Much, Aaron Francisco

Hello, I think the C-9 was produced from about 62-66. Then it was renamed the C-91. That saw is called a convertible drive, it was direct drive but a plantitary gear drive was available for giving the saw more torque. Great saw, Jonathan

Thanks HomeDelight Man, that C 9 is a Direct drive. But came with out a chain & bar along with no book. so kinda stuck on with size would be rite as far as bar lenth,I always like to go for the biggest but it's not always better. I do plow through mostly hickery,red,white oak,black walnut.mostly hard wood.But would like to get as much RPM's as I can with out sacrificeing to much bar length. Thanks for your reply... Aaron Francisco

The C9 takes an Oregon F014 mount bar. There is at this time only 1 bar available in the last catalog that I have. It is
Oregon #213ATMF014 which is a 21" Laser tip solid nose bar.
Chain would be .404pitch,.063 guage,71drive links. Type 52L or 59LG chain

Saw Blades

Thanks , for the info.I also have a C 5 & another one that I'm not sure what model but looks older than the other two what do you think...??? The one on left is C9 then C5 then ??? Thanks Aaron Francisco

Hello, I have Homelite bars for your C-9, 19",23",27",32",37"and 43" All bars are new and Hard Nose. I would go with a 19" or a 23" with some good semiochisel chain. Good Luck, Jonathan

Back