Chain sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid

Reaction score
Hi im from newzealand & still in my early days of treework 3-4 years ish, and love everyday I'm in the canopy, I have a worked 020,worked 88 which I climb with both and recently got a new 500i which has become my all rounder (which the 500i will be getting worked as soon as I get around to doing it). I'm looking at purchasing a good quality electric chain sharpener, hoping u guys in the industry could steer me in the rite direction, i dont care if its second hand as I've herd there are models that aren't made anymore that are sort after, ide be looking around the 2k nzd any help would be much apreciated thanx.

File real quick before the chain gets dull. Obviously if you hit metal it isn't gonna be a 2-3 swipe sharpening job. So for rocked/metal hit chains the above oregon grinder is pretty nice for the money

Hay thanx heaps everyone for the info given it's much apreciated I've just started square chisel sharpening my chains and for me its cutting alot better than wen I round file sharpen I get better and yes I know it's all technique but my stupid brain jus doesnt wanna play ball wen it comes to sharpening chains, that's why I want to invest in a good quality sharpener I've been looking at the ones" madsens " have simington s451c go for $1100.00 or if I can find a silvey somewhere at the moment I think that's where I'm headed

Latest posts

Back