• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Chainsaw Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slingyman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First time posting but not new to the site. Have 5 bars I would like to trade or sell. Bought them a while back thinking they would fit my stihl 460 but they have a different mount. Not in the best looking shape but are fully functional and would work great. Two bars are 34", one Cannon and one Sandvick; and have three 32'' bars, two Oregon and one unknown. Included all the marking i could find to help identify them. All are 3/8 pitch as well. Looking for Stihl bars, or bars that fit stihl, no smaller than 25 inch. Thanks, let me know what you got and Ill see if we can work something out.
IMG_7967.JPG IMG_7968.JPG IMG_7969.JPG IMG_7970.JPG IMG_7971.JPG IMG_7972.JPG IMG_7979.JPG

Are they all the same? Looks like I could see a D009 marking on one bar, which would indicate that they fit large Husqvarna saws... 365 to 395xp. And others

Are they all the same? Looks like I could see a D009 marking on one bar, which would indicate that they fit large Husqvarna saws... 365 to 395xp. And others
I wish I could tell you but I don't know much about the markings and don't have a husky to check. Nice looking saw

I think he was asking if the mounting slots and holes all match each other. My guess is that they do. The bar without obvious brand markings is an Husqvarna-branded OEM bar. It's a pretty safe bet that these are all large-mount Husky bars.

I think he was asking if the mounting slots and holes all match each other. My guess is that they do. The bar without obvious brand markings is an Husqvarna-branded OEM bar. It's a pretty safe bet that these are all large-mount Husky bars.
thanks Jon, just checked, all the bars have the same mount and line up when stacked on top of each other and oiler holes line up as well.

I have a stihl mount, 32" long I think, bar. Would be interested in trading for one of yours. I will check what I have tomorrow to be sure.

Found out more about the two 32'' Oregon chainsaw bars. They are both Husqvarna mount which is distinguished by the D009. The number after the 32'' distinguishes the gauge. So one of the 32'' bars is a .063 because of the "3" and the other 32'' is a .050 gauge because of the "0". Both are 3/8 pitch and for larger huskys, and some larger dolmar/makita according to this http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/bar-mount-questions.174773/
here is more information about identifying Oregon bars. http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/pdf/tech/barpartnumbersystem.pdf

The Windsor Sandvik bar is also a husky mount identified by the HU after the 34. The 50R distinguishes .050 gauge.

Cannon Numbering System

The Cannon part numbers actually mean something.
There are 5 parts to each #
Example:
CSB-H1-24-50-3

THE CSB IS CANNON SUPERBAR. A SINGLE RIVOT TIP REGULAR CHAINSAW BAR.

THE H1 IS THE MOUNT , H1= HUSKY S1= STIHL S2= BIG STIHL (088) AND WE HAVE A C1 MOUNT WHICH WILL FIT ALL SMALL HUSKY AND STIHL SAWS. A UNIVERSAL MOUNT.

THE 24 IS THE LENGTH IN INCHES.

THE 50 IS THE GAUGE OF GROOVE. WE MAKE 050-058-063 FOR CHAINSAWS.

THE LAST NUMBER IS THE PITCH. 2=325, 3=3/8, 4=404.

THE BLACK WOODSMAN PRO BARS AT BAILEYS ARE CANNON BARS. WE ALSO MAKE ALL THEIR BLACK WOODSMAN PRO CARVING BARS.

I HOPE THIS HELPS

THX, DAN

From a previous thread. So the Cannon bar is a 33'' and .050 gauge, 3/8 pitch, husky mount, identified by the H1 stamp.

A local machine shop could open the slots to 12mm real easy. Or you could use a file and elbow grease and do it yourself.

A local machine shop could open the slots to 12mm real easy. Or you could use a file and elbow grease and do it yourself.
I agree i could but don't need all the same length bars.

The 34 inch sandvik and one of the 32 inch oregon bars are gone.

Latest posts

Back