Chainsaw buying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanto52

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was considering buying an Earthwise CVPS43010 2-in-1 Corded Convertible Chainsaw – polesaw. I've heard some guys rave about them. Given the cost, I checked out the Amazon reviews. The most helpful negative review really has given me pause.

It's here if you're interested: Earthwise CVPS43010 2-in-1 Corded Convertible Chainsaw – polesaw

If you're an Earthwise Convertible chainsaw owner, would like to hear your experience with the telescoping poles durability and how they compare to other pole saws you've tried.

Thanks.

I've seen a few of these convertible saws. Generally speaking the "tube" is the weak spot, especially the joint near where you slide in your saw.
They are absolutely fine for light duty work and/or homeowners using them occasionally but I wouldn't advise using them for anything more.

The only good quality electric shaft pruners I can think off right now are the Husqvarna and Stihl battery ones. Both are very good quality and now about the same price.
Echo has a new battery multi-tool out now with a pruning attachment, but I haven't seen it in the flesh so to speak and it's not telescoping. Surely looks better made than the 58V homeowner range products...

I don't like cords.

I do have the battery powered Echo string trimmer and it is pretty rugged. And the battery charges fast and last a pretty long time.
Also, I believe there's a 3' extension for the Echo battery powered pole pruner which would give it a little extra reach.

But when I bought a power pole pruner I needed something very rugged with a lot of reach and decent power, so I went for broke and got the gas powered Echo PPT-2620 with the 4' extension, giving it a 16' reach. So about 20' reach while standing.

It aint cheap but it's my most indispensable chain saw. Aside from a bucket truck there's no other way some of the limbs I've trimmed with it, hanging over power lines or over the house, could have been removed.

I could have rented one, but I'm not super fast with it and would've probably already spent a couple hundred dollars on rental fees. And the rental doesn't come with the 4' extension either.
And my power pruner still looks like brand new. So the resale would be high if I ever feel like I don't need it anymore.

Back