Chainsaw chaps: How many use 'em?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run a hot bath, hot as you can stand it and pour in a half cup of bleach crawl in and soak, it'll kill the chiggers. If you want to keep the chiggers off the chigger pole, get you a couple of peremethin coated cattle ear tags and attach them to the top of your work boots, it works great, it keeps the ticks and chiggers away. Been doing it for years.

Pull out the nail polish and hope that kills em......The places I had em,,you wouldnt wanna go out on a date and get lucky cause when she see your junk,,and all the welps,,that would be the last you see of her...LOL!!!

Actually they can cause a ribbed affect....like a french tickler.:rock:

Sorry..didn't mean to :arg:

Back to chaps.....

What's a bullant? Their bites are not like wasp stings, Wasp stings go away shortley. A chigger bite will not go away for a while even when you scratch off all the skin and living tissue that surrounds the bite. and you will.lol

I don't think ya wanna get into a poisonous insect/spider/snake pissing match with a guy from Down Under. There are more things with poison that slither, fly and spin webs Down There than anywhere in North America.

I've always wanted to visit Australia. But I hate spiders and snakes, and I don't know if I'd even go out the door on my visit. :dizzy:

I'm just sayin. :)

I don't think ya wanna get into a poisonous insect/spider/snake pissing match with a guy from Down Under. There are more things with poison that slither, fly and spin webs Down There than anywhere in North America.

I've always wanted to visit Australia. But I hate spiders and snakes, and I don't know if I'd even go out the door on my visit. :dizzy:

I'm just sayin. :)
Yep, They do have some scary creatures. We have several venemous snakes and spiders down south too.

LOL!! Yeah...back to chaps.....

Actually they can cause a ribbed affect....like a french tickler.:rock:

Sorry..didn't mean to :arg:

Back to chaps.....

I was worried at first cause I thought the chaps would snag on brush here,,,but so far,,,workin great for me.......

You just haven't lived until you had a chewed up chigger pole, maybe the CIA should use chiggers on terrorist instead of waterboarding, can you imagine the effect of pouring a couple hundred of them on a guys junk. Then have the dude you take a shower in a communal shower room with the guys awaiting interrogation, it would get answers after they saw what the first victim looked like.hehe

I need to replace my chaps, I bumped them a couple of years ago with the 460. It was at the end of the day and i was tired. Pulled the saw out of the kerf and let it hit my leg before the chain stopped moving, Worked like they should have, clogged up the saw and stopped it. Anyway they paid for themselves that day.

Yep, chaps, steel toes, & helmet if I'm not in the open. Granddad was 78 healthy as a horse, & got killed by a widowmaker. Took that lesson to heart @ a young age. A C

I need to replace my chaps, I bumped them a couple of years ago with the 460. It was at the end of the day and i was tired. Pulled the saw out of the kerf and let it hit my leg before the chain stopped moving, Worked like they should have, clogged up the saw and stopped it. Anyway they paid for themselves that day.

It was the same thing that got me wearing chaps in the first place. Just like what you did, though a more glancing blow. Took care of both layers of Carhartt work pants and bruised my leg. Ordered chaps that same day.

What's a bullant? Their bites are not like wasp stings, Wasp stings go away shortley. A chigger bite will not go away for a while even when you scratch off all the skin and living tissue that surrounds the bite. and you will.lol

This is a bullant
DSCN8251.jpg

The wasps we have here and in plauge proportions at the moment are European Wasps, these things are known to kill cattle.
800px-european_wasp_white_bg.jpg

There bite is just the same as whats been described above and the effects are felt for a week, i know i got stung last week trying to eradicate a nest and the buggers attack from behind, you wont see them coming but when stung you'll know what it was.
Rob

Lmao!!!!

You just haven't lived until you had a chewed up chigger pole, maybe the CIA should use chiggers on terrorist instead of waterboarding, can you imagine the effect of pouring a couple hundred of them on a guys junk. Then have the dude you take a shower in a communal shower room with the guys awaiting interrogation, it would get answers after they saw what the first victim looked like.hehe

That would do it!!! They would talk for sure!!!!!!!

Those resemble our fire ants, Nasty little suckers too. They make big mounds and will eat you up if stepped in. The other one kinda looks like our yellow jackets and hornets.

Fire ants, we got them too luckly there only in the north for now but are marching south pretty rapidly.Our fire ants are much smaller that bullants, the bullants are about an inch and a half long and the wasps not much bigger than a bee.All seem to have the same or simular poison

Fire ants, we got them too luckly there only in the north for now but are marching south pretty rapidly.Our fire ants are much smaller that bullants, the bullants are about an inch and a half long and the wasps not much bigger than a bee.All seem to have the same or simular poison
:censored:That's a helluva ant. Those pincher jaws on that thing would hurt.

Never wore chaps back when I was in the timber industry. Now that I am older and fatigue quicker, a little extra protection is warranted. I've not been cut, but have had my share of close calls. I figure that the odds are making the chaps a good bet. I have a family depending on me to make it home every night. Even though I do some dangerous work, I believe it is my responsibility to minimize the risk.(guess this is how you start thinking when you get old:))

MO-Iron

Back so in my days....

Never wore chaps back when I was in the timber industry. Now that I am older and fatigue quicker, a little extra protection is warranted. I've not been cut, but have had my share of close calls. I figure that the odds are making the chaps a good bet. I have a family depending on me to make it home every night. Even though I do some dangerous work, I believe it is my responsibility to minimize the risk.(guess this is how you start thinking when you get old:))

MO-Iron

PPE wasnt teached much...My Dad always made me wear eye protection.Steel toes..But I never realized they even had any kinda chaps,,,pants till years ago....We just didnt wear em..I wonder if they was enen available back in the 1960's and 70's....Papaw always worn a skull bucket....Dad and I didnt,,,and now days as you said about getting older...I make sure I suit up cause when your young,,you think it wont happen to me,,well,,it can to anyone....Cheap protection and still,,,,we all know sh*t happens,,,,,but every little thing helps in the woods,,especially when you cut alone.....

:censored:That's a helluva ant. Those pincher jaws on that thing would hurt.

Yeah you don't want to mess with these things, they are nasty, kill one and the whole nest comes out to see what happened to their mate.
They come in indian file one at a time with military like percision till the threat is gone or untill they run into a madman with petrol and matches and then its like FIRE IN THE HOLE and no more ants.....lol

Back