Chainsaw costs could soon rise.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score

These are the sub-headings of the proposed "harmonized tariff schedule of the united states". this is not political post don't make it into one or many will not see it because they will move it, so please only respond to the cost issue not why its about time or any of that stuff, its my hobby. So it means it is possible it's going to cost more for chainsaws and their parts, so your collections will be worth more and your part inventory will be worth more and when you purchase again it will cost more. One number is for parts and one number is for non-electric chainsaws so we can track how all these costs fall out. I know stihl and many other companies rely on the chinese for parts and sometimes the entire product. Now would be a good time to assess any maintenance your equipment might require and not put it off.

Good Lord. They are already crazy expensive. Like Harley said, I wouldn't expect much change if any.
If it goes into effect, yes you will, it will just depend on how much the tariff is. Stihl is not going to absorb anything. You think ozhoo or dd is going to eat a price increase? Would you.

Maybe it won't happen. I spoke up for example because if you needed a new saw and the tariff was 20% FOR EXAMPLE and it came from China a 1000 saw would be 1200. I would kick myself for knowing and doing nothing about it like buying it this week rather than next, for example. Only reason I'm mentioned it. Don't try to pick my example apart it's all unknown so i am just able to use examples.

I hope they just remove those two items off that list.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Since this is merely a hobby for many of us we can always change hobbies if the price goes up too much. I traded for a nice set of golf clubs last Fall and really haven't had a chance to try them out...
How many times do have to hit a Golf with a club to kill it? Guys I worked with asked me to go golfing once. They always talked about shooting birdies. So I asked if I should bring a 12 ga. or a 20 ga. They never told what time or where. Go figure. :dancing:

Latest posts

Back