"Chainsaw Lumbermaking" by Will Malloff PDF Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A recent thread here regarding loaning this book out finally got me to dig out my copy and scanner and start scanning all the pages to create a PDF of the whole book. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and since joining this site back in the spring I've been surprised at the demand that's out there for it, not to mention the price it commands. Being as it's no longer in print, and since new copies are next to impossible to find since only something like 20,000 were printed to begin with, I don't think I'm doing any harm by copying the book into PDF form. I started out tonight and managed to do up the first 3 chapters in about 3 hours. Most of that was spent rotating and cropping the images, and then finding my copy of Acrobat and figuring out how to use it all over again. It's been a while. I only had Acrobat 6, but I'm going to grab a copy of 8 so that I can run text recognition and index it so it's searchable too. So without further ado, here is:
So what ever happeneded to the PDF files? LINK no longer works
*UPDATED*Chainsaw Lumbermaking Chapters 1-7

That now comprises about 750 of the slightly over 200 pages, and the rest will go quicker now that I have a system worked out. The file I posted came in at about 5.6 MB, the original uncompressed one was 111MB. I will be keeping full-resolution master copies if anyone ever wants one, but I will also keep playing with settings to get the regular filesize down as much as possible. Also on that note, I only have 10MB of webspace where I put it for now, and I don't really have anything anywhere else. So if anyone has some space where they can throw it and/or subsequent files, or if it's possible to put it up here somewhere, please let me know, or just download and re-post it.

I'll post additional chapters as I get them done, and once the whole book is done including covers etc. I will create a single master file and put it up on BitTorrent and Rapidshare. I'm glad, this is turning out to be not nearly as difficult as I thought it would, though still quite time consuming.

Cheers. :cheers:

EDIT: Don't know WTF happened with that last page there, I'll fix it and re-upload the file tomorrow. I'll post when it's fixed. FIXED.

So what ever happened to the PDF files? LINK no longer works
So, the Arborist site (LINK in previous message) now takes you to the SCRIBD.com webpage to download for $8.95, a deal at this price for a nice PDF THANKS. More than thankful that so easily available at a reasonable price.

Just got a note from Will Malloff, he says:
"The second reprint of CSLM will be out in the spring of 2015
by Echo Point Books."

He also provides an address,
Will Malloff
P.O. Box 541
ALERT Bay, B.C. V0N 1A0

So if like me you feel bad that you have profited from his work, while he did not,
then you too could mail him off a $20.

I tried emailing Echo Point Books and the email bounced back as invalid. Was hoping to find out more about this printing.

Could someone PM me a dl link to this book, I'm working on a chainsaw mill build and I would love to read this masterpiece before I finish the mill and start sawing lumber.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back