chainsaw ppe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boots are also cut resistant above the steel toe. I understand it may not be uncommon for a chain to skip along the steel toe and onto the metatarsals and lower shin area, so cut resistance here would be very beneficial. ymmv

I don't disagree that safer is better...but how many chainsaw cuts happen below the bottom of the chaps? I don't read all of the accident briefs that come across my desk, but in the ones I have read, I have never seen any accidents reported that would have prevented with such boots.

I ran over my dad's foot with the lawn tractor when I was a kid...he just had work boots on not steel toes only got 11 stitches or something.

Don't know about anyone else but when I'm cutting down logs I usually brace them from moving with the bottom of my foot. Kind of stepping on them with one foot. Anyways I only own composite toe boots cause that's what I wear. I like the Carolina composition toe ones. They have stopped a sawzall a few times doubt a chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back