Chainsaw related pet peeve‘s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called the local dealer today just to ask out of curiosity if they carry any full skip chain.

his response was “we only carry full chisel”.

I said I’m sure they’re full chisel but I’m wondering if you carry any SKIP chain.

he said “just safety chain and full chisel”

“Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?!?!”

I just read through this entire post and saw one that no one addressed
Let me help you.
(As they stumble and strain to get in the way)

Some help is appreciated and some is dangerous (For ME).
They don't know how to handle it or where to put it, let alone how to work in unison with anyone. Then they will stand in the unsafe zone with that "all knowing bliss" on their face .. and they move so slow or to spazzy to be productive.
Like my Dad would do when I was in his way :numberone: as a preschooler kid "Go have mom get make me a cup of coffee" The second cup meant "Keep him in the house" HE is in MY way.
House was next door to the garage he had before buying a sawmill in the 60 s'
One of my brothers got tired of mom stalling on that second cup so he monkeyed up the cabinet got the instant ( a new thing on the market back then) coffee and made it for Dad all by his self. Needless to say it was a TAD strong for Dads taster.:laughing:

A few things that always drove me crazy :

1. As mentioned already, yanking the recoil rope all the way out to the end with no arm control whatsoever. For me this is dead giveaway of a power equipment noob.

2. Running a cold saw WOT immediately after starting it to warm it up. I've witnessed this many times when they don't own the saw.

3. When people are very careless about letting dirt, sawdust, etc get into the fuel / oil tanks

A few things that always drove me crazy :

1. As mentioned already, yanking the recoil rope all the way out to the end with no arm control whatsoever. For me this is dead giveaway of a power equipment noob.

2. Running a cold saw WOT immediately after starting it to warm it up. I've witnessed this many times when they don't own the saw.

3. When people are very careless about letting dirt, sawdust, etc get into the fuel / oil tanks

#2 makes my sole cry.

Yet another reason I won’t let anybody borrow any of my saws.

Some people are privileged and I let them use them while I’m watching. Not to many though. AND NOT MY DAD....[emoji15]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

#2 makes my sole cry.

Yet another reason I won’t let anybody borrow any of my saws.

Some people are privileged and I let them use them while I’m watching. Not to many though. AND NOT MY DAD....[emoji15]

I will say this, I witnessed Husky 335XP climbing saws take that abuse day after day, month after month, season after season, and they never suffered a rotating assembly failure. Ever since I never doubted the toughness of Huskys.

1- when anyone asks to borrow a saw.

2- when guys come over and say "why do you need so many saws?"

3- "I need a new blade for my saw"

4- "burning pine will burn your house down" Ive been burning pine for well over a decade hehe.

5- guys who cant start a 45cc saw unless its on the ground, chain brake on with their foot in the hand gaurd..

6- using anything but bar oil in a chainsaw. Drives me nuts.

7- guys who like only stihls cause "they are the best".

1- when anyone asks to borrow a saw.

2- when guys come over and say "why do you need so many saws?"

3- "I need a new blade for my saw"

4- "burning pine will burn your house down" Ive been burning pine for well over a decade hehe.

5- guys who cant start a 45cc saw unless its on the ground, chain brake on with their foot in the hand gaurd..

6- using anything but bar oil in a chainsaw. Drives me nuts.

7- guys who like only stihls cause "they are the best".

Great ones.

Anyone, but a saw noob in particular, saying, "(Brand of saw they have) is better than (brand of saw you have)" is one of my pet peeves. Hearing people compare every saw ever made by one company to every saw ever made by another company, usually without ever having used even just a small sampling of the saws made by either company, just irritates me. As a bipartisan person myself, colors don't really mean anything to me beyond telling me where I'll be getting parts for the saw from.

I heard the farm boss story a few days ago.

Went like this

“ my buddy has this HUGE saw He let me try it out and it has gobs of power! I think it was called “somthing” Boss.

I said “maybe a Farm Boss?”

“Yup, thats it!” Farm boss! Dude it had so much power i had to back out of the throttle a bit.

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Anyone, but a saw noob in particular, saying, "(Brand of saw they have) is better than (brand of saw you have)" is one of my pet peeves. Hearing people compare every saw ever made by one company to every saw ever made by another company, usually without ever having used even just a small sampling of the saws made by either company, just irritates me. As a bipartisan person myself, colors don't really mean anything to me beyond telling me where I'll be getting parts for the saw from.

Right on, hell i love my lowly Poulan 42cc, and my hated Mini Macs, they run great!

I'd love a Stihl or Husky but couldn't justify buying one, i don't put enough hours on.

Right on, hell i love my lowly Poulan 42cc, and my hated Mini Macs, they run great!

I'd love a Stihl or Husky but couldn't justify buying one, i don't put enough hours on.

It wasn't a "Hated Mini Mac" but I grew running and learned using chainsaws with my dad's Mac SP 60, it was a Helluva saw for it's time, and I would Love to get that saw back, but he traded it off before I knew he wasn't going to keep it.

Dad celebrated his 80th Birthday in October, he is still doing well, but is the last of 4 Brothers, I know where that saw went, but I don't know if it is still there. The Friend he traded it too passed away several years ago, but I haven't been able find any contact info for his widow, who has since remarried. I knew Mark and Bonnie, and if I can find her, I am sure that if she still has that old Mac in a Forgotten Corner of her garage, she would make me a Great deal on it;)

It would sure be Nice to bring that old saw home, lots of good memories running it, and dad won't be around forever, it would be nice to think of him while getting wood to heat our home

Doug :cheers:

My pet peeve is how people cry about stihl flippy caps. It's like complaining about sliced bread, or fuel injected engines, or the wheel. They're better in ever single way and I've never seen them as a weakness or liability.

Answer to the flippy cap “problem”

STOP TIGHTENING THEM SO DANG MUCH!!!

I heard the farm boss story a few days ago.

Went like this

“ my buddy has this HUGE saw He let me try it out and it has gobs of power! I think it was called “somthing” Boss.

I said “maybe a Farm Boss?”

“Yup, thats it!” Farm boss! Dude it had so much power i had to back out of the throttle a bit.

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

I had a buddy who needed a saw a while back and he had a revolver he didn’t use...so I traded him my ms361 for it and came out pretty good in the deal even though I loved my ms361. Saw him not too long ago and he said he liked the saw but he wants something smaller...so I showed him my ms261 and asked if he wanted something like that or smaller. He stepped back and said no I want one of those farm bosses. After 15 or so minutes of trying to explain to him and realizing I wasn’t going anywhere...I’m going to now buy a used farm boss and trade him for my ms361 back... the ridiculousness with farm bosses is strong.

Guess it’s just because Stihl is better than any other brand saw...

[emoji23]

I just loved to get people riled up by talking smack. Happy new year y’all!

I had a buddy who needed a saw a while back and he had a revolver he didn’t use...so I traded him my ms361 for it and came out pretty good in the deal even though I loved my ms361. Saw him not too long ago and he said he liked the saw but he wants something smaller...so I showed him my ms261 and asked if he wanted something like that or smaller. He stepped back and said no I want one of those farm bosses. After 15 or so minutes of trying to explain to him and realizing I wasn’t going anywhere...I’m going to now buy a used farm boss and trade him for my ms361 back... the ridiculousness with farm bosses is strong.

Guess it’s just because Stihl is better than any other brand saw...

[emoji23]

I just loved to get people riled up by talking smack. Happy new year y’all!

Wonder if husky changed the name from “rancher”to “ranch boss” if they would sell more of them....[emoji3166]

Latest posts

Back