Chainsaw troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harpersdad15

Reaction score
Got 2 gas chainsaws that have some trouble

1.Echo cs-310 will run but the chain won’t move and the stop lever is disengaged
2. Poulan pro model ppb3416 is opposite the echo..chain will move and motor will idle but when I give it some throttle it quits running

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Let's talk about the CS-310. Do you have the owner's manual? If not click here to download a copy from Echo's website. Lot's of useful info in there.

Can you move the chain around the bar by hand? If not, it's probably due to being over tightened, and/or debris in the chain path (could be inside the clutch cover), and/or damage to the bar or chain (did you throw the chain? That can cause issues to bar and chain; sometimes easily fixed with a file; sometimes not so much). Take it apart, clean it, fix it, try again.

As advised the Echo may need the safety break mechanizium cleaned or adjusted . I would remove the clutch cover so you can visualize the brake operation and clean and inspect . As for the Poulan they have issues with ethanol fuel usage . The carb may have the inlet needle valve screen or valve itself fouled with dirt or debris . I would 1st try richening the low speed jet out a half turn . If this helps try some fuel or carb cleaner within your fuel , since your saw could be showing symptoms of gumming up from prolonged storage ( over 3 weeks) .

Latest posts

Back