Chainsaw Tuning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to share a video on chainsaw tuning to my YouTube channel. It was only a couple of years ago that I was pulling my hair out over the subject, I hope this no fuss, no time wasted video gives you direction to help streamline the process.

I hope you enjoy, if so please subscribe.

Simple and to the point.
Thanks Whinbush, that’s just what I was aiming for - concise and not waste any time. When I want to know something I don’t want to sit through something that is unnecessarily long winded without it adding to the process.
It’s impossible to cover every single aspect in a short, “to the point” video like this, but I hope it serves as a solid foundation on a good way to tune.

Good video, no fat chicks with screaming kids in the background, barking dogs, loud diesel truck driving by, wind in the microphone, and I didn't have to listen to everything guy did since he reached puberty BEFORE getting into the essentials of the video.

I wished others on Youtube would do this.......

Good video, no fat chicks with screaming kids in the background, barking dogs, loud diesel truck driving by, wind in the microphone, and I didn't have to listen to everything guy did since he reached puberty BEFORE getting into the essentials of the video.

Haha I actually started laughing, thanks Cliff, glad you enjoyed it :laugh:

The barking dogs do it for me, straight off it goes, and the media use the barking dogs too when they want to depict
a run down area, we had dogs all our life, they growled at certain people, but no crazy barking, now its a epidemic of
them, parents get them to portray their love for their children, then they get ignored, bark for attention, bark for fun,
and it ends up they never shut up.

I have a dog, anyone that comes up to the house that he doesn’t know, he barks and we haven’t discouraged it. Too many break ins in and around the area. Anyone that even touches the gate that he doesn’t know he’ll bark. Anyone he / we know, he’ll do quiet little squeaks of excitement. It’s amazing how he even knows the sound and look of everyone’s car in the complex. Any time it’s someone he doesn’t know he’ll huff and or growl - a real old man at heart, but much appreciated.
Most of the time he sleeps.. a little too much if I’m honest.

View attachment 921369
I have neighbors that have dogs, they never stop barking, so no one pays any attention to them, they are no deterrent at all, they never shut up.
I have to move away from the place I was reared and live in because of them, that's what barking dogs do, destroy the neighborhood.

I fixed the barking dog problem by moving where I don't have any neighbors. At least none close enough that I can see their house from mine. Then I bought up all the property around me to make sure I never have anyone up close. I have too many things in my life that make noise. Dogs that bark, guns that go bang, and chainsaws I run nearly every day. NONE of that stuff goes well in the city.

I lived in town a few years ago, briefly. I had a chocolate Lab at the time and the lady next door was always ******** at me about my dog chitting in her yard.

One morning I'm out at the mail box and she comes out ********, "Mr, your dog **** in my yard again". I said "lady, it wasn't the dog, it was me".......never had to hear any of that again......LOL......

I lived in town a few years ago, briefly. I had a chocolate Lab at the time and the lady next door was always ******** at me about my dog chitting in here yard.

One morning I'm out at the mail box and she comes out ********, "Mr, your dog **** in my yard again". I said "lady, it wasn't the dog, it was me".......never had to hear any of that again......LOL......
One time I was taking a dump in one of the stalls at school, when a guy came into the bathroom, went into the next stall and said, "Man, the smell of cigarette smoke mixed with the smell of feces is really offensive."

So I said, "Then maybe you shouldn't smoke while you eat!"

I fixed the barking dog problem by moving where I don't have any neighbors. At least none close enough that I can see their house from mine. Then I bought up all the property around me to make sure I never have anyone up close. I have too many things in my life that make noise. Dogs that bark, guns that go bang, and chainsaws I run nearly every day. NONE of that stuff goes well in the city.

I lived in town a few years ago, briefly. I had a chocolate Lab at the time and the lady next door was always ******** at me about my dog chitting in her yard.

It didn’t make you right though, if your dog was crapping on her yard.

One time I was taking a dump in one of the stalls at school, when a guy came into the bathroom, went into the next stall and said, "Man, the smell of cigarette smoke mixed with the smell of feces is really offensive."

So I said, "Then maybe you shouldn't smoke while you eat!"
How did that help. The guy was right with his comment.

How anyone can listen to dogs barking and not find it distracting or annoying
I will never understand, dogs first people second, very confusing, it makes no sense
at all.

"It didn’t make you right though, if your dog was crapping on her yard."

Correct, and in 50 years no ones gonna much give a crap anyhow. I think that happened about 25 years ago so we're half way there already..........LOL

Hi guys,

I wanted to share a video on chainsaw tuning to my YouTube channel. It was only a couple of years ago that I was pulling my hair out over the subject, I hope this no fuss, no time wasted video gives you direction to help streamline the process.

I hope you enjoy, if so please subscribe.

Subbed, good info for non enthusiasts

:clap:
perhaps you should say clockwise and counterclockwise in conjunction with "in" or "out" regarding fuel screws. Just as a clarification for dummies. "Tuning for Dummies", you know..

that tutorial is as good as any out there, and better than most.
Thank you mate! Also great suggestion!

Latest posts

Back