Chainsaw won't start 3 REASONS why!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought being out of gas, kill switch still turned off or straight gassed.

Steve
To do the intro I literally left the switch off on purpose lol the Stihl had a fuel line that had rotted off on the inside but fired right up after the tune up & primed the carb

Is Ethanol bad for my saw? If so what does it do?
Does my saw need compression?
What condition were the carb diaphragms in on your saw?
Ethanol is bad for my saw but okay for yours my carb was good obviously and yours just needs more E85 SMH you know the answers to your questions ethanol is very bad for 2 strokes....

Ethanol is bad for my saw but okay for yours my carb was good obviously and yours just needs more E85 SMH you know the answers to your questions ethanol is very bad for 2 strokes....
If your fuel line was "melted" in half than apparently that saw sat with ethanol in the tank for quite some time, therefore taking a toll on the diaphragms in the carb so I highly doubt your carb is 100% "good". That's why the saw wanted to stall and not rev when you first gave it throttle.
You never once mentioned compression in your video is the reason I asked about it. How much compression does my saw need?

It failed to rev at the beginning because it was a new line trying to get fuel.... once it got fuel it was just fine.... I didn't mention compression because it is aimed at homeowners that need a tune up not homeowners who want to rebuild their saws or be small engine mechanics....

It failed to rev at the beginning because it was a new line trying to get fuel.... once it got fuel it was just fine.... I didn't mention compression because it is aimed at homeowners that need a tune up not homeowners who want to rebuild their saws or be small engine mechanics....
So the saw started on the first pull after the fuel line was changed?

Yes after I primed the carburetor.... are you just here to bumb threads and troll? I appreciate you keeping my post at the top but do you have anything of value to add or do you just like pounding a keyboard?

are you just here to bumb threads and troll?
No, not really. I guess I was slightly irritated I watched a video that was 12:24 minutes long that had very little informative content in it. Coming from someone that appears to be trying to be a "youtube sensation". You could have made a 30 second video and got the same message across.

do you just like pounding a keyboard?
No, not really. I don't post much anymore. Check my postings if you so desire.

Carry on.

No, not really. I guess I was slightly irritated I watched a video that was 12:24 minutes long that had very little informative content in it. Coming from someone that appears to be trying to be a "youtube sensation". You could have made a 30 second video and got the same message across.

No, not really. I don't post much anymore. Check my postings if you so desire.

Carry on.
Sorry you had your feelings hurt... this was based more on the homeowner than a pro you obviously have knowledge on the subject you asked about compression and ethanol so if you know these things why click on something you are obviously far too educated for..... thanks for Watching sorry it didn't suit you and appreciate the feedback

I got halfway through the plug bit on the 024 and thought of a bunch of the type of questions I've seen on this site that were not addressed. Let alone the "homeowners" that this is supposed to be angled towards.

I'm still not convinced that plug wouldn't fire. OP, would you mail it to me for testing?

Back