Chainsaws stolen from Lonsdale, Minnesota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydodgegeek

The stool maker
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my dad who lives down just south of Lonsdale, Minnesota west of Fairbault. About 10 days ago he had a 610evl Twin Cylinder Echo, a John Deere 70ish cc with a 24" bar, and a Stihl pole saw stolen from his shed. He can't remember the exact model of the John Deere. This is the second time in the last year and a half that he had saws stolen. Last time they got his Stihl 084. Damn it. I was going to get that thing. If anyone comes across some damn meth head selling a super clean Echo Twin for cheap feel free to give them a good throat punching for me. He reported it to the police, lot of good that will do. Any info please let me know. Thanks

Around here a lot of stolen saws end up in pawn shops or the thieves hock them to buds with cash. I had a couple stolen saws I know of end up here and probably more then a couple others. Some times it takes a while to know people. I've had a couple stolen from me in the past also. O ya, and the law doesn't pursue justice, to much for them I guess.
Was the JD light green with out a brake,may be an 70v or dark green with a brake?

I have a good friend (one bad dude) that caught a guy breaking in his truck and stealing his stereo in the mall parking lot. Well, my friend beat the **** out of him. In the process, his accomplice/girlfriend jumped on him. She took one for the team too LOL. The police arrived and guess who they wanted to arrest,,,,my friend for beating the crap out of the perp. The thief agreed not to press charges if my friend wouldn't press charges. So my friend was out a window and a janked up stereo. I still can't believe it. He said it sure felt good catching the guy and rearranging his face though

People! Make a list of your serial numbers! Then you have some proof that it was yours when it shows up in a pawn shop, for instance. There is very little chance of proving something was yours if you don't have a record of some identifying feature, and serial number is probably the best. Engraving your name in something of value also reduces its resale value to others.

In my experience, meth addicts tend to equal zombies, they're just a bit more animated and every bit as treacherous. Good balistic test material I would think.

IN the early 1970 ' s my Dad had 2 homelites stolen out of our 62 ford van . No trace no idea who or where etc.
4 years ago I was building a hay shed for a farmer and he had me go into his old shop to look at a david bradley riding mower he would sell to my brother...... there was a C-7 and a C-52 homelite the 7 had the Oiler cobbled with a nut just like my Dad had cobbled his.. Coincidence???
I told him I remembered that he had worked at the neighbors mill and we talked a little then got around to thievery and a few ordeals and when we were almost done yakking I told him years ago I got to keep a German Shepherd (Wonderful Friend) that strayed into our mill yard -He had been dumped .... I finished by saying dad didn't like dogs but if we would have had one around we might not have lost two saws like those two . as I was leaving I told "BOBBY" that I was with my Dad when he fixed the Oiler on a C-7 homelite the same way as the one in his shop.
I can't prove any thing but I can say (With Extreme Difficulty) that his saw is fixed the same way my DAD FIXED his saw 40 plus years ago. Let others conclude "Bobby" must be a thief.. An d I Know SO.. There were 2 other saws in the van but we figured that one person stole them and could only carry one in each hand. We still have one other C-52 that sat next to the two saws that were stolen ....All I accomplish when thinking about this ordeal is anger. My family was large and that theft was a severe setback at a very bad time,,,,

People! Make a list of your serial numbers! Then you have some proof that it was yours when it shows up in a pawn shop, for instance. There is very little chance of proving something was yours if you don't have a record of some identifying feature, and serial number is probably the best. Engraving your name in something of value also reduces its resale value to others.

Yup, I took pictures of mine and then recorded the serial numbers.

image.jpg

Just a tip I'm sure most of you know already, from someone who has taken a few stolen property reports.

Keep records of your property that have serial numbers, whatever that might be. Yes, it's a hassle, but well worth the effort if it comes up missing and you want to report it. Not only the serial #, but the brand, model and anything else that might be pertinent to recovery.

You would be amazed at the number of people that don't know anything about something of theirs that was stolen. And....if you keep your property in a storage shed, and it has a lock on the door, USE IT! Sometimes, that's all that's needed to keep your property, yours. If you leave valuable items laying around outside in plain sight, don't expect to keep it for long.

At the end of the day, when all the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, it's all just pretty much common sense.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you're working and have a bunch of your OPE in the back of your pick-up and / or trailer, and you need to go to Walmart for something, put it off unless you leave someone in your vehicle to keep an eye on it. Even using a cable to lock it all together doesn't always work. ;)

Latest posts

Back