Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Labonville full wrap seems to be the concensus. I have them and I think they are great for the price.

I use ELVEX brand. A little hard to find, but resonably priced. Any chap of good quality is what you want. They may not look pretty, but they can save you from a big doctor bill or death.

I use ELVEX brand. A little hard to find, but resonably priced. Any chap of good quality is what you want. They may not look pretty, but they can save you from a big doctor bill or death.

Liked the ELVEX way better than Labonville chaps, they were a little cooler as well. Also, much more reasonable shipping rates getting ELVEX than Labonville.

Using insert chaps now.

I dont know that much about chaps, but im using the Husqvarna Pro Forrest Logger Wrap Chaps. There are different types of chaps from Husqvarna like the Pro Forrest Logger Wraps and they also offer Land Owner chaps as well i believe. The Pro Forrest are top of the line for Husqvarna as far as i know. You can get them in different denier. Thats the weight of the outside material I believe. I like the 600 in the summer as they are lighter and cooler and the 1,000 denier in the winter as they are heavier and warmer. The 1,000 denier is also excellent for walking thru a lot of briars and stuff. But keep this in mind, a fellow once said on here that it very important to wash you chaps once you get them. I believe it fluffs out the Engtex inside the chaps-the stuff that keeps ya from gettin your leg hacked off. I really like the Husqvarna Chaps a lot. I got mine from chainsawsdirect for about 70-75 bucks I believe. They had excellent shipping as well. Good luck man.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as you wear them, this was my first year wearing them after 4 years of cutting wood and after I cut my last round of the year, I shut my saw off and the chain was still turning and it touched my thigh and the chaps saved me a trip to the emergency room.

I picked up the Husqvarna chaps from Lowes. They are apron style and only cover the front and sides and have clips in the back. I love them and wouldn't cut without them. In fact the first day cutting with them they paid for themselves as I took a whisp of material out of the side of them as I nonchalantly let my saw fall to the side of my body. They are non cumbersome and great for walking through briars, kneeling on wet ground and also keep my pants from getting destroyed. $68 I only wish they had a pocket in them for a wedge. I think I'll have Momma sew one on for me.

They're probably all good but I got the Labonville full wraps through Baileys. I chose them mainly because they are made in the USA and that's something I look for.

They are lightweight and comfortable and look to be well made.

They're probably all good but I got the Labonville full wraps through Baileys. I chose them mainly because they are made in the USA and that's something I look for.

They are lightweight and comfortable and look to be well made.

Like my Labonville chaps. I live in NH, and noticed after ordering a pair for my dad that it would have been less expensive to order from Bailey's on the west coast than direct from them (they're also in NH)! Oh, well.

[video=youtube;pilcLXpdJK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilcLXpdJK0[/video]

Slow mo saw vs leg of pork

A brief, but graphic demonstration of the devastating effects of the chainsaw on various materials including jeans, old chaps and state of the art chaps. I am not a fan of gory safety films, so I like how they did this. From the good folks at the Washington (State) Department of Labor and Industries

WOW, that was a good video. So the last set of chaps were the Lebonville ... but I wonder which version. I am in need of a new pair.

Back