"cheap" versus expensive climbing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant was 200t's were discontinued 5 years ago. Finding one in reasonable condition is a job for Indiana Jones.

Make that "finding one in any condition". I've been looking for a MS200T for a couple years now (I only buy local, sorry): any condition, even seized will do. Apart having to contend with our crazy used prices which are destroying the market, these things must be made of hen teeth. I found a single one for sale, about 30 miles roundtrip, about a year ago: I rang up the seller the day after he put the ad up and the saw was already gone.

I've used the 200t with a 16" bar. Great saw. But the used prices are ridiculous anywhere ive seen them, $300-500 and none have been in great condition. The 201t can preform like the 200t with some help I'm told but no hands on experience with that yet. Also expensive.
I'm much much happier with echo's 355t. Tweak the muffler and adjust the carb. At $300-350 you really can't beat it IMO

There is no comparison.
The good one I tested was the stihl 192.
They don't make then anymore.
Don't buy a used one.
But if you want a cheap saw forget about the 193.
Get a shindawa 358TS.
I got to test the shindawa.
Not a bad starter saw and has good power.
Will get the job done and make money for a better saw.
I still run 200t until they build a better saw.
Some how when I stay away from any saw that ends in 1.

I have a echo 360t and it have been going great non stop for almost 6 yrs now. My boss runs a 200t and a 150t and he is now loving the 150t on lighter work and trim jobs. I'm hoping to buy a 150t to mod out or a bigger saw for felling and bucking like a echo 620pw. Between the 201t and the new echo 355 I'd much rather go with the echo for cost, performance and longevity

There is no comparison.
The good one I tested was the stihl 192.
They don't make then anymore.
Don't buy a used one.
But if you want a cheap saw forget about the 193.
Get a shindawa 358TS.
I got to test the shindawa.
Not a bad starter saw and has good power.
Will get the job done and make money for a better saw.
I still run 200t until they build a better saw.
Some how when I stay away from any saw that ends in 1.
Only 1 saw I do like is the 661. It's a different animal vs most new saws

Make that "finding one in any condition". I've been looking for a MS200T for a couple years now (I only buy local, sorry): any condition, even seized will do. Apart having to contend with our crazy used prices which are destroying the market, these things must be made of hen teeth. I found a single one for sale, about 30 miles roundtrip, about a year ago: I rang up the seller the day after he put the ad up and the saw was already gone.
IMG_1005.JPG

Anyone ever use the jonsered 2139T. Local dealer said I could get one brought in for $500 Canadian. Love my big falling jonsered saws but no experience with their top handles.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever use the jonsered 2139T. Local dealer said I could get one brought in for $500 Canadian. Love my big falling jonsered saws but no experience with their top handles.

It's a rebadged Husqvarna 338XPT. Not exactly the best Husky ever made: it took them quite a bit of time and effort to make it work right and when it was finally acceptable (albeit not great) it had built up such a bad reputation nobody wanted it anymore.
In 2013 Husqvarna gave dealers large rebates to get the remaining 338XPT's out of the door and introduced the "new" Jonsered 2139T. Which isn't selling, not so much because people care it about being a rebadged Husky with a troubled history, but because even with the recent price hikes an Echo CS360T is just a better deal.

Latest posts

Back