• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Check out my old Homelite XL

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
A 14" bar is just about right for the Super 2. It's possible to buy a longer bar but it cuts down the power. I think I have a 20" bar that will fit on a Super 2, I think it came off a 240 or 245 Homelite saw but I never have put it on a saw.

NIP Group
a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
No. The original Homelite 'XL' model was the XL-12. Totally different saw than what's been discussed in this thread. The '12' was a reference to the saw's claimed 12 pound dry weight (PHO).

Homelite has used 'XL' for several different (and unrelated) saw families over the decades. XL-12 series, XL-101 series, XL-1 (E-Z) series, XL-700/800/900 series, XL/XL2/Super2/etc series, etc. The numbers rarely had any relation to any aspect/characteristic of the saws....

BrennMan

BrennMan

I know this thread is old but it pertains to my situation so perfectly I couldn’t resist reviving it.

I have (I believe) the same saw as the OP and I am having trouble getting it to run.

I can get it to fire up on full joke and it will run for 30 seconds or so then die. I cleaned the entire carb and put on a fresh air filter.

After it dies I have to rechoke it and pull a half dozen times or so then it will fire again and run for 30 seconds or so.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that I don’t have a chain on it current so maybe there isn’t enough “load” on the motor?

Would you expect this saw to run normally without a chain on?

Here are some pics for giggles.

Attachments