ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Checking husky 61 serial #

Discussion in 'Bailey's' started by tawilson, Feb 23, 2006.

1. tawilson

tawilson Addicted to ArboristSite

I want to get a .375 x 7 tooth rim and drum setup for my 61 Pro and the serial number plate is a little chewed up. Does 1984018881 sound logical? The numbers I'm not sure of are the 1 and 0. The 1 may just be a scratch, but 1984 sounds right for the year of this saw and I'm thinks it's the older style, but checking doesn't hurt. Here's a pic of the sprocket that's on it now.

2. Grande Dog

Grande Dog ArboristSite.com Sponsor

The rim & drum system we stock for your application is a Oregon brand, RD 26831 and your cost would be $12.95 + shipping.

3. tawilson

Thanks. I didn't see the sprocket bearing in either the online, so I just called in the order.

4. tawilson

Ordered on a Thursday afternoon, and on the saw on Tuesday afternoon. Not too shabby. Thanks again.

5. Grande Dog

Grande Dog ArboristSite.com Sponsor

Anytime.

6. MJC

MJC ArboristSite Lurker

More information on sprocket swapping in the thread "Husqvarna 61 Rancher, Older."

7. MJC

MJC ArboristSite Lurker

Hi, Grande Dog, (or anyone else with any ideas), I have a silver tag 61 from 1986 (I believe. Sn 6334417) and I, also, want to convert to rim sprocket. I got the Oregon part 26831. It's labeled for "later models" after sn 0510572 but it is juust to0 small for my saw. Or has the wrong size needle bearing? The bearing goes on fine by itself, but the drum is reeeeally tight on it. I could get it started on but don't want to force a potentially wrong part. Do I have an "early model" type with a bigger crankshaft? The crankshaft measures 1/2" and the hole in the old drum seems to be bigger than the Oregon drum by 1/32". (Sooo a later 61 crankshaft would be 15/32"?) I have not yet determined if I have the coarse thread. Do I have the wrong rim sprocket system for this saw? There are no part numbers on the old clutch or drum. . . . which leads me to another question.
    Has anyone seen a clutch like this one or is it just worn weirdly? It's blurry in the first picture, but the surface of the clutch is not flat like every other clutch I've seen, its more like two-leveled. You can see half of the surface that contacts the drum is shiny and half is dull, and the corresponding surfaces on the inside of the drum are likewise shiny and dull. The higher, slightly rounded part of the clutch has worn a groove on the inside of the of the drum, but the other flat half of the clutch's surface doesn't seem to make contact at all. The second picture is the profile of the clutch surface (above my index finger.) See what I mean? Thoughts? Any information to fill these voids in my knowledge would be welcome! 0309191634.jpg 0309191645.jpg