Chinese quality test??...lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it did cut 6 cookies before it developed complications :cool2: .
The first one brought to me to be looked at had a diagonally split piston with the two halves held together by the rings. "Starts but won't rev up" the owner told me :laugh:

I went through that part slowly and think the loop was intact - the chain just came off (probably got a couple of inches longer with all that heat developing)... he probably hit the falling cookie with the tip and the loose chain went over the tip.

I wonder why anyone would want to post a video like that on Youtube :confused:

I went through that part slowly and think the loop was intact - the chain just came off (probably got a couple of inches longer with all that heat developing)... he probably hit the falling cookie with the tip and the loose chain went over the tip.

I agree. I stopped the video every 1 second. The tip hit the cookie as it fell and the chain came off. I can't tell what was on the ground that the camera was directed at, but you can see the chain loop clearly right next to the operators right hand and the camera never went back to the operator after he looks at the object on the ground. I still think he got hurt.

Lot of smoke coming off that bar, you would have thought they would have recognized it as a problem and the chain...

That is my big question too. Why would you post that for everyone to see. Crikey, you have to wonder if it was done by Guley's competitors, LOL!

Look Ma, you can cut wood without bar oil... and it is so powerful, you can do it with the chain on backwards!

EDIT: I think we have just seen the Chinese version of the 'happy homeowner' using his saw for the first time. Looks like the saw techs in China have the same headaches as elsewhere.

Last edited:
Think they're going for copyright/patents for their revolutionary new "eversharp" chain?

I could just see these guys at a timber-sports competition. Competitors would need Scott-packs.

OMG. I drank a half a cup of coffee by the time he made it tru one cut. That was so painfull to watch.

What the heck type of wood was that? Must have been from the petrified forrest!

And that bar was smoking more than Cheech & Chong!

Wow

I think my low power cheap homeowner grade toy of a MS250 could outcut that, at least I don't time cuts with a sundial. Think I'll go cut some now to help me forget watching this. Have a great day everyone.

is it so wrong that I want one just so I can port it, sharpen the chain, and put some bar oil in so I can kick their arse with the same saw????

totally just emailed them so I can find out what one of those ms660's costs!

Last edited:
at 2:49 you see him push down on the handle with a lot of force and when that chain came off it looped backwards around the rear handle... that guy got hurt, maybe why he covered the lens!

I watched it a few times and I am sure that the chain never made contact with the operator.
I cant help but wonder if the detachable chain catcher did its job.

Later
Dan

Back