Chinese Race saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of tose cheap knock offs, and cheap is what they are, I guess for a 52 cc and a 20" bar they go ok but compared to my mates 038 thats like 100 years old and about to fall apart, it nothing
Mind you i could play with it and see what we can't get out of it, never modded a saw it might be a good start.

I got one of tose cheap knock offs, and cheap is what they are, I guess for a 52 cc and a 20" bar they go ok but compared to my mates 038 thats like 100 years old and about to fall apart, it nothing
Mind you i could play with it and see what we can't get out of it, never modded a saw it might be a good start.

Iwonder how many of them cheap chinese saws you could buy for the cost of one stihl ..... love or hate them looks as if their here to stay.

McBob

Over here in th UK we are seeing loads of these chinese saws for sale. I even mended one for a friend resently which had a copy Husky 365 badge on the side. He didn't know anything about saws and genuinely thought he had bought a Husky, until he needed a spare part that is.They really don't care for copy right do they!! I honestly think that for someone who wants a cheap saw for occasional home use then they are a very real option. On the other hand, if you plan on using it regularly and want some quality, then the leading brands are the only real and correct option. I am a gas turbine blade manufacturing enginneer, and we have just found out that the chinese are even starting to copy our very complex air cooled turbine blades and sell them to our customers as a cheap aftermarket replacement option. This is surprisingly good news for us as we can sit back, wait for the engine to fail big time and the customers will then come running to use to fix it.
The only thing is as one of the members said previously, it's here to stay and yes, they are getting better, that fact!!

So instead of chinese race saws...why not have a Poulan Wild Thing class? Cheap and available. Make the rules any thing goes as long as all the parts that were standard on the saw at purchase time are on the saw at race times...allow surgery to stock parts only. Keeps the cost down and fun up. Might see some clever mods..

I got one of the 72cc Baumr chainsaws off ebay (same as the raiden) personally I had to do a heap of inlet and exhaust mods to make it even run properly.

I think if we were to start a race category for them it should be to see who can blow them up the quickest.

Well fellas we could see which saw lasts the longest if they can run the distance ...

McBob

Just a follow up question,,,,,,,
how many of those junk chinees thingys still going ?????????

My local dealer stoped alowing them into his shop because they were flooding in dayly, he showed me one 72cc stihl lookalike thing which only got about 1/2 a 6x4 box trailer load of fire wood cut before the electrics #### itself, something like 1 tankful.

I got one of the 72cc Baumr chainsaws off ebay (same as the raiden) personally I had to do a heap of inlet and exhaust mods to make it even run properly.

I think if we were to start a race category for them it should be to see who can blow them up the quickest.

Question good men,,,,
Are any of these cheap Baumr and Raiden saws still actualy going, i don't mean raceing just, going good enough to cut something off.

probly not many,see a few on the bay not going and at the tip rats stand,mostly rooted.think i might buy a dozen to cut next winters wood...............NOT!:D

probly not many,see a few on the bay not going and at the tip rats stand,mostly rooted.think i might buy a dozen to cut next winters wood...............NOT!:D

Yes mate, i hear you on that.
Our local saw shop stoped allowing them into his shop when they first appeared on ebay.
He showed me one which cut 1/2 a box trailer load of wood only to have the electrics pack it in, chain still not sharpened.
aparently a simular story on most of them, thats why i asked the question, and these chaps wanted to race them.

A wild thang or a McCullough eager beaver lol. When my buddy’s see my tiny eager beaver with that scary 9” bar I tell them Washington just called they want my eager beaver to cut the redwoods. Lmao.

China class sounds good to me. I took the 5200 from taching at 10.5k to 14.5k with some work. Still stock appearing.

Ring a ding saws against Wild thing

Well fellas we could see which saw lasts the longest if they can run the distance ...

McBob

My sons wild thing is at least 20 years old now. At his first house the brush pile he cut was bigger than his ranch house. He’s been cleaning up my land in vt with it too. I gave him a new 460 husky. The boy couldn’t thank me enough. I can’t believe the wild thing lasted this long.

Aliexpress or ebay. But I haven't had to buy any. Used copper rtv on the exhaust gasket and deleted the base gasket. Haven't seen the need to replace the crank seals or anything.

Well, while we've revived the dead.
Here's the chinese 070 made 090 today. I had about 2 hours of milling on it. I know the number thanks to the TACH keeps job time. Today I tried my first porting on a 2 stoke Which I think it looked horrible the saw did perfom better than i was expecting with the gov disabled. I also polished out the carb which I don't think mattered at all. I did it when I was drinking and bored.

When and if it blows up (betting on bearings) I'm going to replace with OEM.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/roast-me-on-my-porting-job.324926/

I also order one of the 660 clones and I'm thinking of making a tune pipe for it.

Back