Chinese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved to Eastern Europe from the US. I brought my vintage Echo and Craftsman saws but you cant get parts here, even carb kits. So I picked up a 12" 25cc Baikal (thats the sticker anyway) locally to add to my arsenal. The larger saws (16-20s) all the shops have for sale are all the same exact model, just different colors and names. My little 12in cost about 85 bucks USD, the larger models are 75. Prety much everyone outside of a city heats with wood and these cheap saws are running like mad in Oct/Nov. If you think they are for light use you have no idea.

I moved to Eastern Europe from the US. I brought my vintage Echo and Craftsman saws but you cant get parts here, even carb kits. So I picked up a 12" 25cc Baikal (thats the sticker anyway) locally to add to my arsenal. The larger saws (16-20s) all the shops have for sale are all the same exact model, just different colors and names. My little 12in cost about 85 bucks USD, the larger models are 75. Prety much everyone outside of a city heats with wood and these cheap saws are running like mad in Oct/Nov. If you think they are for light use you have no idea.
Nope, sometimes you have to use what you got. I used to do all my firewood cutting with a Homelite Super 2, that's all I had..

In the past decades the smaller cc and bigger cc saws sat collecting dust. I ran the husky 266 cd and lately it’s been the husky 575, 385, 365.

Stumbled across this 18cc/10" unit. I wonder if the powerhead is smaller (dimensionally) than the 25cc. Cant find any for sale unless you buy 10. lol

Attachments

• 18cc_Chainsaw_7__98712.1529886261.jpg
    18cc_Chainsaw_7__98712.1529886261.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
Back