Choose my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mostly. I "think" the transfer cover can be reworked to resemble the 562, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure how much difference the revboost makes. I am also unsure if the stuffers are available separately, or how well they fit in the cases.

Seems like somebody did a thread on 'Making a 560 out of a 555'. Not sure how it turned out.

Basically, if someone were after max performance from that series, it would pay to get the 'hotter' version up front.

I just bumped a b-rad 362 thread for you. You've prolly already found it before now. Bumped an older one yesterday.

I think the pre M-Tronic 362s had a different filter, so the M-Tronic ones may respond even better. I have not seen any reports of a builder having done one yet, but mine is scheduled to go to Randy soon.

Sorry, that may have come out wrong. I would never tell anyone not to buy a 562, I love mine. But if the OP is going for a 2 saw plan, I was thinking 50/70cc. Or he could just get all 3!!

no worries, just having some partisan 562xp fun, your reasoning makes good sense :)

Guilty as charged :p

FWIW ... you have my permission to go gaga ad infinitum :D

More like ad nauseum...J/K Mike

Mike im not saying this to be a ****..do you realize you constantly repeat yourself ? , you dont have the expierence with all the models in question and you make yourself sound like a broken record , noone nor i thinks your being untruthful..trust me we know you love your saw , i have seen some cheerleaders for saw models over the years on this site but you take the cake , its almost bizarre for someone who doesnt make a living with a particular tool to love it the way you do..and furthermore noone bashed a 362 c-m , its becoming a riddle why you need to constantly repeat yourself , go buy a 2260 and run it for a while then come back with some unbiased feedback and provide an honest comparison..when i joined this site i had my favorite saws but kept my mouth shut due to the fact alot of guys here are way more expierenced with different models of saws and i was not knowledgeable on the competition for a particular class at that time, stihl builds workhorses no doubt and are great saws but some of the huskys are just nicer to use is all and shine in places stihls dont

Repped

Thanks for that DL, so the 562 has more potential than the 555.

Yes.

For someone to say that I am not entitled to my opinion because I am not a professional saw guy would be like me saying they are not entitled to their opinion because they were still wearing diapers when I started sawing. I don't go around knocking other peoples opinions or saws.

The 362 C-M is a damn good saw, perhaps the best all around saw in the Stihl lineup, and several people that have used it and the 562 prefer the 362 (that opinion has been expressed by others on this website and there is a new one on the Stihl website). That does not mean the 362 is better than the 562 or vice versa, but different people prefer different saws for various reasons. They are both very good saws, you can't go wrong with either of them. If I have repeated myself a lot it is because several people on the website have questioned the accuracy of what I have said, or have just plain provided false information (such as weights).

I know how well the 362 C-M cuts, so if someone wants to dispute my statements, I can't wait to see the video. If you prefer a different saw, then buy it. If you think I'm just going to go away when someone disagrees with me, it ain't going to happen.

That said, I prefer when the posts remain positive rather than negative. I joined this site to learn, and have learned a lot and plan to keep learning.

Have a good day.

mike your probably a great guy, but you just did it again. You can't make one post without telling us how great the 362cm you just bought is. I'm glad you like your saw, and I get a kick out of your posts even though they are like a broken record. :D

mike your probably a great guy, but you just did it again. You can't make one post without telling us how great the 362cm you just bought is. I'm glad you like your saw, and I get a kick out of your posts even though they are like a broken record. :D

This is very typical of Stihl-fanboys- it's almost a defense mechnism. I know, I was one when I landed here several years ago. I thought a 310 was the cat's meow.:)

Mike, you need to spend some time running a 562xp. The 362cm is a good saw, but the two aren't really that close. Not talking about just cutting speed, but overall handling, etc...

Yes on the 60cc thread! :)

Don, I will definitely try to do that. Have already found someone close by that will let me run his 555 after my busy tax season, but the 562 (close by) still seems to be eluding me. I still think what you are cutting and your build will influence the decision and not make it that clear cut. For example, one person describes the sound of the 562 as being "like a Maserati" and the next person describes it as "loud and obnoxious".

Don, I believe the attributes you are talking about are more important if you do a lot of limbing and topping. I mostly do bucking. The trees up on my property are mostly tall straight Ash & Cherry without much top, and we mostly harvest the blown down trunks for firewood. I'm sure all of these things influence our decisions. That said I will definitely search to find a 562 to try out, my nephew was very impressed with the ones he used, but even more impressed with the ported one (which is part of the reason why I'm sending my saws to Randy).

Thanks for the information, and I never complain about hearing good things about your saws! In fact, I will have to see if I can also find one of those elusive 346s to try out. And at the risk of repeating myself (sorry to all) I have also stated that the bar compatibility and controls influenced my decision. These factors may not matter to someone else.

Enjoy your sawing, I'll be out there again soon, need to get back to work.

I promised myself i would say no more but im giving it one last go

1 - mike..noone is disputing the way a 362 c-m cuts , that isnt the only thing to consider in a saw purchase

2 - i dont care about the stihl website reviews and people who know saws generally dont..more than half of those reviews are from a bunch of "farm bosses" who upgraded from a 290 or a wild thing so naturally they think that the pro saw they purchased is the ducks nuts not knowing any better..not all reviews ..but most

3 - if you had been more humble in your attempt and less obnoxious to inform everyone about a 362 c-m you wouldnt have gotten any flack from anyone..you are truly a broken record

4 - AS is like a pen of wolves..you start to bleed..you get eaten alive..not always fair but some people just ask for it..

5 - i was a reader here 3 years before i joined..why..i wanted to absorb what knowledge i could from the guys who are saw gurus on here ..it was humbling to say the least..try it..it works

6 - ive had so many saws the last 5 years your head would spin..some i liked ..some i didnt..so i formed my own opinions from EXPIERENCE..not what reviews on the internet say..expierence gives you more clout..even if some disagree they will respect your opinion..( although i think sawtroll made me buy my first 346..im glad he did )..

7 - i hope a 362 c-m ports very well..it should..the 441 did..but my standard 261 is faster than a c-m model both ported..idk why, but it is

8 -i agree with nmurph..i used to think a ms 390 was amazing..i was wrong

9 - our members in diapers at the horizon of your sawing days..i put no stock in that..expierence is everything..age is nothing..id trust a 25 year old kid that is an expierenced mechanic before i trusted a 55 year old guy who has only changed his oil and turn signal fluid..

10 - i never really bought into the "stihl complex " idea before..im starting to..

Mike, you can't be all that bad if Matt's your nephew.:)

Personally, I wish we could have the Fair Tax on the Federal level and put guys such as yourself out of the personal income tax business;).

Sawmikaze, I will do my best to get more experience with other saws, and thanks for your input. You may not think that I respected what you have said, but I did, just did not like the bashing and there was some incorrect information I felt obligated to correct.

NMurph, I do want tax simplification, but not a flat tax. Be careful what you wish for, a flat tax would not be kind to the middle class. The real concern is excessive Government spending, we spent 45 percent more than we took in last year, meaning higher taxes for all in the future!

I'm just jealous I can't be out there cutting with you guys with any make saw! But this is only temporary, and I have to work to pay the bills.

Enjoy.

...NMurph, I do want tax simplification, but not a flat tax. Be careful what you wish for, a flat tax would not be kind to the middle class. The real concern is excessive Government spending, we spent 45 percent more than we took in last year, meaning higher taxes for all in the future!...

I corrected my post: I meant to say Fair Tax, but I would take the Flat Tax over the current system...yes, there's too much spending goin' on!

Back