Choose my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The competition thing was in jest, Mountain is a great guy and has a great sense of humor. I'm sure the 362 C-M does perform much better than the non M-Tronic version of that saw (the same theme with all the Stihl M-Tronic saws).

Don (Sunfish) is correct, you should try to personally get your hands on each saw before making a decision. It is better if they are side by side at the same time, and better yet if you can get some "cut time" with them. Maybe contact other members that live near you that have saws you are interested in (most members here seem willing to share).

Not everyone will make the same decision on the same saws. It will depend on your size, your cutting style and what you intend to cut, and simply what feels good to you. The most objective information I have seen is that the 362 C-M and 562 XP cut about the same, so which one you choose depends on how they feel to you, and despite the bias from various people on this site, you would likely not go wrong with either one.

Best of luck with your decision.

Nice. And exactly how we broke ours in except we've been using full synthetic Ultra throughout. But yeah, lotsa noodling on logs too big for the splitter. Now...about that show...surely it could be an Ax Men segment?

Nice. And exactly how we broke ours in except we've been using full synthetic Ultra throughout. But yeah, lotsa noodling on logs too big for the splitter. Now...about that show...surely it could be an Ax Men segment?

:D Ax -Men . . . baddda boom!

I'd watch that if there's some saws on the porch. "What's a Beibe?" "Who cares?!"

Back