Choose one quick 066 660 or 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 395XP has some cons, clear fuel tank would be nice- side chain adjuster would be nice- if you back cut big stuff, your fingers of your left hand can get toasty warm from the proximity to the muffler when holding the side of the front handle......... but the pro's far outweigh the con's and in my opinion the 395 is the better of the two- just get one before they decide 572 is big enough for European log production.
The front tensioner sux. Also, when the idot behind the wheel sticks the bar and needs to take the powerhead off and put a new bar on to cut the stuck bar out, that bloody clutch is not much fun.

Fat lady has sung. Got real close to buying a new 661rcm power head from
Woods Logging Supply in Sedro Wooley for $1128 out the door.

Had all the green stamps laid out and then spotted a cherry early 660 3/4 wrap with a 32" stinger on Clist
and grabbed it for 750. She is real clean and the guy had just added fresh plastic cause the old was faded.

Happy Kamper here.

3.jpg5.jpg

I wish my 660 had strong spring AV, I wish it had better fuel economy maybe a strato 2mix cylinder, it chews through my 5lt mix can but I'm still glad I don't have a 661. My next largish saw will be a 395xp. I bet the 661 is nice to use, I reckon I'd like running one for a day, but I don't want to own one and add it to my worksaw fleet.
For the work that gets done I didn't think they were to bad on fuel even at max fitness after one tank of fuel I was allways happy for that 5-10 min refuel tap filter out and sharpen break.
I could buck easy 30 cubic metres of Aussie hardwood mill logs (over a truck load of logs) into 8foot lengths on one tank of fuel and a sharp .404 chain.

Back