Chopping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many axemen do we have here, competing or just recreational? I was out in my woods today working off some of that holiday food!

SANY0568.jpg

SANY0562.jpg

ive been called an axeman, but not sure ive earned the moniker. i love chopping but dont do it as well or as often as id like to. i compete at around 8 shows every summer. planning on doing more this coming year.

Sounds a lot like me. I competed in 5 or 6 shows last summer. All 8x8's except one, I chopped a 12" (closer to 13") piece of aspen down in PA that I thought was going to kill me.

i try to chop three to four times a week on varying sizes of wood (usually 10-15in. white pine) and i compete in about 6-8 competetions throughout the year

Trout, thanks for starting this thread. I met you at Tupperware Lake last summer. I'm going to compete there again this year if they still allow non pros. I'm entered the Burke Mt Vermont comp in mid June this year too. Not to derail your thread too much, but do you have a source for chain mail socks? Take care, Joe Pete

troutfisher, if you wouldnt mind could you send me that info for the socks. ive been searching for a pair for a while now and they are hard to come by, thanks brandyn

Here's my chop from a couple weeks ago. 8x8 pine, I put 6 in the front and nine in the back. Not good enough.......

[video]http://youtu.be/ZNf0PEsrQBI[/video]

Im starting to train to do comp chopping down under. Been doing some pracitce on downgrade poplar and pine logs that are reject logs from the local mills. My coach and I head into the firewood coups up the bush here where the saw operators fell em, leave em then the axemen come in and chop em then the firewood boys come back n load em! we are cutting hardwoods like Ash, Vic Ash, Red Gum, Yellow Box, red box, sugar gum etc. Good to get out there and chop like all hell for a day!

Latest posts

Back