Christmas gifts 2018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not really a lot in the firewood department for gifts this year - a 2 in 1 file, a depth gauge, and a moisture meter were all in my stocking. Maybe the best part was the Christmas miracle tree - a white oak about 16" DBH, barkless and limbless, fell about 100' from the wood stacks and is <20% MC. Maybe I should have left the saw and the Fiskars sitting in the woods and it could have cut, split, and stacked itself too. Oh well, I did that part myself today. 20181226_153759.jpg
And this was also left in my stocking for when the job was done.20181226_180121.jpg

What is your firewood Christmas story this year?

Nothing related to wood, unfortunately. No guns either. :(

A set of ratcheting wrenches and a set of nut drivers.

And a new car! Well, new to us. 2009 Grand Marquis. Wife doesn't exactly love it, but our Taurus died, and a friend was looking to sell, so it just seemed to fall into our lap.

25637015.jpg

I got a new smart phone for Christmas. I have always been a flip phone guy. I have already had to take the new phone back to verizon twice to had it reset. I works for about 2 days and then wont make or recieve calls. My wife got a New Ford Escape. Its sort of a Christmas/Birthday/Retirement present. Christmas this month. Birthday, next month and her first retirement check the following month. She also gets the payment book to go along with the car.

while not Christmas gifts , I got a new Jred 2166 last week and a new to me 4wd tomorrow.

buying the expedition from my grandpa , he bought it from my dad so since it was new from the lot it has been in the family , at 85 grandma can't drive any more so they only need one car and we are moving them to an apartment tomorrow .

I got what I wanted for Christmas a day of food and I never even got any more dressed than shorts , had the house 78* with the woods stove and ate shrimp and had drinkssssss

we did Christmas with extended family over the weekend.

I hope you reload for that 32-20 , factory 32-20 is near a dollar a round but the brass can be reloaded for about a dime a round and you can run the same brass for a long time.

Back