Christmas Giving 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite 450. Started and ran good two years ago. Then drained and stored on wood table. The saw has had new rings, intake boot, air filter, carb kit, and fuel lines four years ago. Only known problems are it leaks between gas & oil tank (needs new gasket) and the muffler has been brazed. Has double spikes. The rear handle rubber is cracked (see pic). The saw has excellent compression. Has cut about three loads of wood since overhaul. No bar or chain.
View attachment 464861
That's a sweet gift!!

View attachment 464479
Here is what I came up with after a cursory glance through some bars hanging up in my garage.These are all New, or NOS.

Top-bottom;

Pioneer 14" .058 gauge hard nose. It would make a nice wall hanger. (Dibbed) by @ILikesEmGreen .

Poulan Pro K041 mount, 18" .325 .050 RSN.(Dibbed) by @mycamaro_68.

Husqvarna Large mount 20" 050 Hard nose.

Husqvarna Large mount 20" 3/8 058 laminated.(Dibbed) by @Stihlofadeal64.

Hey guys found some more stuff! Dd sent me a whole pile of flippy caps a while back, if you need some let me know. I got an ms290 cylinder I started cleaning up, couple scores but its runable. How about a harbor freight chain sharpener? I used it for a while I think I might have an extra wheel for it. Please pm me if you need this stuff. Got some poulan wild thing parts. Top end is roached.
This last offer is only for those that would truely truely need it if you make.money with your saws, and are having a hard time affording a new one whether yours got crushed stolen, exploded and you can't afford a new one. I have a poulan 2800 with a shinny bar, if memory serves me right the chain is pretty good, I know it ain't much, but if it makes a difference for you, its yours.

Sharpener is on its way to a new home!

Hey guys found some more stuff! Dd sent me a whole pile of flippy caps a while back, if you need some let me know. I got an ms290 cylinder I started cleaning up, couple scores but its runable. How about a harbor freight chain sharpener? I used it for a while I think I might have an extra wheel for it. Please pm me if you need this stuff. Got some poulan wild thing parts. Top end is roached.
This last offer is only for those that would truely truely need it if you make.money with your saws, and are having a hard time affording a new one whether yours got crushed stolen, exploded and you can't afford a new one. I have a poulan 2800 with a shinny bar, if memory serves me right the chain is pretty good, I know it ain't much, but if it makes a difference for you, its yours.
Very good of you buddy

Very good of you buddy

Its the holidays. I am fortunate enough to not have to either heat my home or make my money with my saws. I have plenty of good saws I run at my pleasure. My cad has left me.with some good runners that I will never use. I've lived through financial burden, I've gone to bed hungry, and this is the time of year we help those in need out. I am very fortunate to have what I have, and I can give back. Maybe its not a lot to you or I, but to someone else that may make their day. That's what this thread is about.

Tickhound and the rest of you, you are all amazing people, Brad, thanks for starting this thread. It is just heart warming to read that there are great people among us. I am swamped with unforseen house reno, like major, house repairs. My garage and house are all in boxes in storage right now so I can make our little blue heaven livable. Next round of donating, I will be in. Merry Christmas! :)

Back