• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Christmas Giving 2015

No face 243

No face 243

ArboristSite Member
I just picked up a homelite 450 with what I believe to be a 24 inch bar, I was wondering what chain I should use for it and what the cost would be for a new chain, it's on a McCoullarge bar

clemsonfor

clemsonfor

ArboristSite Operative
Ha this is so random. It would be best to start your own thread on this. But I am Sur you can buy an Oregon chain for $25 or so. It's probably common 3/8 chain (just a guess) and 24" usually is 84 links but it could be plus or minus a few links.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
I had been thinking of this thread recently as I have been saving stuff for the CG 2016 thread.
Shoot that was fun, I have a few things I have been saving also.
Greed has about ruined this.
I have a couple of small things.
There was some abuse in the past but it seemed to work pretty well last year IMO
Start a new 'Holiday Giving' thread for 2016!

Great threads. Great holiday idea. Great way to sort through that stuff that someone else might use.

Maybe post some guidelines, to set expectations, such as:
- give as well as take,
- person offering does not have to give it to the first person 'claiming' it;
- if it is a especially valuable or desired item, consider setting up a random drawing;
- not the thread for 'asking';
- not for items you plan to 'flip' / resell on CL;
etc.

(please post a link here if you start one!)

Philbert