Circular Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookingtoplant

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Who's had experience with the 3pt hitch PTO driven circular saws. Anything good/bad about them, safety precautions when using . . . etc. Thanks

lookingtoplant said:
Who's had experience with the 3pt hitch PTO driven circular saws. Anything good/bad about them, safety precautions when using . . . etc. Thanks

I have heard lots of horror stories about the old "buzz saws", but am not at all familier with their newer brethern. This should be interesting!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
I have heard lots of horror stories about the old "buzz saws", but am not at all familier with their newer brethern. This should be interesting!
Andy

Thanks for the correct name - couldn't think of it for the life of me.

Back when I was dumb as a post at 14 and thought I knew everything... I knew that thing was dangerous. Even then I hated working with the old man on the buzz saw. It had no guards of anykind on it, just a big 4 or 5 foot blade tuning some odd rpm and I had to stand there catching the pieces as they were cut. Even with a guard I wouldn't want to operate one today but that is probably just holdover from the old experience.

Harry K

Back