citrus chips, mulch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart

Reaction score
HI,

I'm looking for some information.
I've got a orange grove, 500 acres. All dead. I'm cutting wood
and stacking the brush. My questions are;

1. After chipping, is there any industry that's in the business

of using this massive amount of mulch? recycle?

2. If so, Who, What, & Where?

Any diseases like canker? We give clean chip to many nurseries.

Call around to wood working organizations, you may be able to get rid of a lot of the wood that way. amybe small mills want to sell the lumber.

I dont know if this would help you or not, but I remember before I got out of the vo-tech school I went to the people in cullinary arts wanted cherry logs so that they could smoke their meats. We went into the woods and chipped up a lot of cherry brush, took it over to their parking lot and dumped it for them. I don't know if that helps you at all, but it's just something I remember doing.

Believe it or not i have 3 People that will take all i can give them for driveway fill >Shoulder shrugg< I guess it beats mud.

Later,
David

JPS? Maybe you can answer this.... What iss the difference between chipper chips and Tubground chips?Im referring to the color and Odor Chipper chips are 100% wood/Leaves >sometimes a hat or glove< added in But tub ground comes out brown or red Ive asked 2 different mulch yards that grind there own I get a shoulder shrugg ive assumed its the amount of soil on the roots ect that makes the difference.

Later,
David

i think it could be that they are sitting around longer then "fresh ground" then there may be a differance between a hamer mill and a knife/anvile.

Many comercial operations have a dye aditive to "color" the chip for consistancy and to resist decay.

A mulch preservative? sounds like an oxymoron!

Also many tub operations grind thier stuff twice.

Back