CL score of the year!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike from Maine

Read that the ms362 is awesome!!!
Reaction score
I've had my share of luck on CL but this is going to be hard to beat:

Stihl 066 for

wait for it..

$20. Yes you read that right 066 for 20 bucks ::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

And oh by the way -- After I dumped the old fuel and put some fresh mix in it started on the 3rd pull.

That's almost as big of a you suck as the $100 jonsereds 111:msp_wink:

clLPJId.jpg

UEh5P0U.jpg

I've had my share of luck on CL but this is going to be hard to beat:

Stihl 066 for

wait for it..

$20. Yes you read that right 066 for 20 bucks ::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

And oh by the way -- After I dumped the old fuel and put some fresh mix in it started on the 3rd pull.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONLY IN YOUR DREAMS..!!!! - - Just messin' with ya - now...How IN The Hell Did This Happen..??

Curious minds want to know...(though some may be inebriated by this time on a Saturday night)
:cheers:
J2F

Yes, it was on Maine Craigslist and I was going to get it too but it was to far from me to drive down there. I would be spending quite a bit in gas to get it. :msp_sad:

Just got the kids in bed so I can give the whole story.

Last Sunday I sat down on cl and did a few typical searches. Nothing came up and as I was standing up I clicked on tools out of habit. And there it was 'stilhl 066' for $20. Figured it was a misprint so I clicked on the ad. And in the ad he again wrote $20.00.

I was in such a hurry to reply to the ad my initial email was 5 words and probably had 3 typos.

After I sent the email I googled the location. It was 3.5 hours. Figured no way I could get the wife's permission to take a full day to pick up the saw. When. The seller called me back in like 3 minutes I hadn't fully thought it through. Told him it was to far for me, thanks anyways. Then he said where are you, I told him. He said well I could meet you next week outside Augusta. Which is only an hour away. I said sure :). He said he would email an address. When he didn't do it right away I got nervous.

Checked on Cl a couple hours later and to my horror the ad was still up. Figured 12 others had offered him more by now. But I noticed he had another ad for two 028's that need tlc. $30 for the pair. I emailed him again and said I'd take all three. Figured it was easier for him to sell them to one guy. He mailed back 5 long hours later and said ok.

We deicded to make a day trip up the coast and pick up the saws. All worked out ;)

Stonington.

Seller was older guy. Met me in liberty at a spaghetti dinner he was volunteering at. Definately not stolen.

He said the saw ran when he put it up years ago. Couldn't get it to run when he was cleaning out the barn. The master lever doesn't stay in the 3rd position well. He probably just flooded the saw and or the gas was old.

One of the 028's run but has a broken handle. Haven't looked at the other one yet.

Well its as far away from me as you i was thinking it was north of you GOOD SCORE! ive gotta get in gear on craigslist:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back