Cleaned my pipe and stove, pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your perspective and insight sir.

Good to hear from a fellow PE owner.

Your cap is WAY more restrictive than mine. Why do you like that? Slightly longer burns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't particularly like it. The first yr burning I bought another 1'or 2' of pipe just to increase the draw with the wood I had that wasn't well seasoned. That helped, but now it pulls a little hard with the well seasoned wood. I'd like to limit the fresh air side and leave the cap as it is, I think that may yield longer burn times. I'd have a lot more ash/debris coming out of the cap getting on the roof/sidewalk/cars, so I guess that's good. I have a good feel for this one and it does what I need it too so I like that.

Rebuilt my old Dutchwest India Federal Airtight late last year, and since then it's been burning more efficiently than ever before. Normally I like to get on the roof to clean the chimney around the new year, but my knee and the weather weren't cooperating. Got off work early today and it was actually nice outside which melted all of the snow on my roof, so I got up to give it a good scrub:

ipKbccL.jpg

Forgot to take an after shot, and didn't feeling like dragging it the ladder and climbing back to in the roof to do so, but here is what came out of the trap:

uI84D31.jpg

Was curious about the remaining buildup bear the bottom, so I fed my endoscope up through the trap looking upward:

KIYT7iU.jpg

x756aKD.jpg

ujQ2s1O.jpg

i was always told not to burn pine
but if thats the only kian of wood you can get
burn it keep the fire hot and regulary cheek the chimineyand sweep it

Latest posts

Back