Cleaning up plastics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you have cleaned the plastic you can make it really pop with peanut oil. Apply it liberally and let it soak in and then buff with a clean cloth. I’ve used it for years and it even helps bring the color back to faded plastics and the results last a long time.

:cheers:
Once you have cleaned the plastic you can make it really pop with peanut oil. Apply it liberally and let it soak in and then buff with a clean cloth. I’ve used it for years and it even helps bring the color back to faded plastics and the results last a long time.
"POP with peanut oil" I know how you intended this but do You salt aaaaand butter it too?:cheers: I have afaded 029 that is going to be my experimental scapegoat saw Thanks for the comment

:cheers:
"POP with peanut oil" I know how you intended this but do You salt aaaaand butter it too?:cheers: I have afaded 029 that is going to be my experimental scapegoat saw Thanks for the comment
Give it a try. Some plastics respond better than others but at the very least it will look better. The oil can’t work miracles. If it’s badly faded and you want it to look new then elbow grease is the only fix.

I have a friend that worked for Meguiar's, Mike Phillips ( https://www.autogeek.net/mike-phillips-bio.html ) I ran drag boat with him in my younger days. If you want to know how to clean-up plastic he's the guy. He cleaned up some pretty crappy ATV plastic for me. he use to get raves on Helicopter bubbles after cleaning up all the rock dings the pilots couldn't see out of. He lives in Florida now so haven't seen him for while...but nice guy. I know him pretty well ... Mike run a blog on this stuff...he is the expert and has his own TV show. There is a link for technical advice on the attached link above...tell him Jim Sawyer says hello. Mike was a crazy guy back then ... huge Big Block Chev guy... Mike ran a 96mph flat back in the day. Boy that brings back memories, we save our money buy as much beer and fuel as we thought we need for the weekend...we buy couple package of hot dog and loaf of bread because by then we were out money ..sleep in our cars. Pull behind our boats what we called super tube (natural Rubber inter-tubes from Earthmover "scrapers) sometimes as much as 4 of these behind one boat. We lived at the lake on the weekends, no speed limits or noise limit then...young and dumb no-fear. Mike lost his leg in a drag boat accident. I crash my 132mph hydro... slowed me down but Mike was still crazy. I still have my drag boat motor 2 1/2 miles to 20 gallon of fuel. Boy I wish I had the money I spent back then.

Great timing. I'm tuned in for the before and after. Have some saws that could use a new shine. Also have some rock hard pitch I need to clean off.

I have some Novus 3 stages plastic polish I may try.

I tried Novus and the Step 2 brings back a tiny bit of shine, but is still far from original. Not a miracle worker by any means. At least it slightly knocked down the dull look of some old plastics.

Back