Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
You guys serious? When? Next to Dennis` shop? Let`s get something together so that those of us who will have to traverse the continent can plan for it. Russ

If people are interested, I will put something together, I realize it is a long ways for everyone to come...we could put together a fun event...and invite the townspeople to watch...I room for rv parking ..lots of hotels here...big bbq and deck...we could look at the late summer, although I realize that is probably a busy time for racers...we do have races going on here in June in a town about 2 hours from here...I will be taking saws there...but, like I said, if everyone wanted to get together, and I know we threw this idea around earlier jokingly, I do have the place and the wood....let me know what people think for dates...and if they are serious...

Hi There, a revival sounds good, I never got away as planned this winter, but alas my travelling days arent over. My doors are open here to anyone who wishes to drop in.
Please Lord, just give me one more ripe stand of Hardwood timber and I promise I wont throw the money away this time and use it to traverse your beautiful world once again.
Amen

Ok....how does July 12. 13 and 14 th sound for everyone?? Robert, any races then? I will put on a "demo days" People can come out and watch the hotsaws...try some of the "tuned saws" I will have on hand....we can make some side bets....or make an actual event out of the hotsaws....

I have been meaning to do a Demo days anyway, this just gives it more flair...and by that weekend I should have the hay cut off the feild....we have 5 acres to play on

What kind of wood do we want to saw and what sizes...I dont have much access to hardwoods here..other than Birch really..and they arent very big....I will talk to some of my logger show buddies and see if we cant get a few other events going...

If we get some serious response, then maybe we can make it a yearly event...

I realize it is a long ways for alot of people...but, hey..everyone needs a holiday...:)

-my house is your house

I don't think I have a show then, I race on the 6th in Forks Washington and think the next weekend is free and if not I will make it anyway...So I will step up and say I WILL be there.

I need at least 22 to 24 inches of wood for the V8 up to 32" and the Rotax is setup for 30" max. don't know how many centimeters that is though:D

Robert...not a problem for the wood...I have 20" right up to 48" available....glad to hear you are coming....

if anyone needs accomodations or info...feel free to email me...i have lots of room for camping...rvs...tents...whatever you want...right here on site...big deck ..big bbq....Lambert will be the chef, Buffalo steaks for all!!

Otto...no chainsaws in the hottub...

99% sure I`ll be there. Schedule looks good. You`ll be in Booneville, NY on August 16, 17, and 18th, right? Where would a person fly into to get there easiest? Thanks, Russ

A Chain Saw Revival... Man that sounds like fun. Not much chance of me bein there, I really don't know when I could make a trip like that, here from Tennessee. Ya'll take a lot of pictures and video and post it. we'll at least get an idea of what ya'll were into.:)

I went and checked my schedual and all looks good for the show.
I have to miss a small show but this one is more important.
SO I WILL BE THERE !!! and just to make it fair I'll put my chain on backwards for all but one cut...And just maybe Dennis will put up a trophy or two for the 1st annual "Clearwater Revival":blob2:

thats a great idea robert...i hope i will be able to join you guys! im looking forward to seeing your v8 hotsaw getting "greffardized" which i will belive will be the consellation prize after i will sweep the pot against john lambert, kd, and art martin - with my 372, sorry, 385 (right dennis?):D :blob2: sorry - just kidding i will try to be there. walt can be my square filing technician while i have my viking friend Russ making sure you dont all bounce on me at once. lol

PS. )just remember im not bulletproof- just bullet resistant:p) and i like you all!!

Is there anything you need to get your saws from the U.S to Canada and back?Fees or ownership papers and that kind of stuff.Is there anything that I need to have at the border to make crossing over easier for myself and my wife?(she's excited about a chainsaw revival!!)With any luck I am hoping to at least come up and watch.:D Dan

Dan, I dont think you will need anything special paperwork wise, but it may not be a bad idea to bring a purchase receipt with you, just for going back into your country, We are a pretty friendly bunch up here, so whatever your needs for hotel or RV...let me know......

Oh yeah...Dont forget your golf clubs!! We have a beautiful 9 hole golf course only about 20 minutes away in the scenic Wells Gray Park...

Robert...I think we can come up with some trophies, as long as your chain is on backwards...does anyone have any ideas for the mount on the trophy?? I can have them made locally....or is anyone a trophy maker on here?

I have never put together an event like this, so Robert, and any others, I need some input on events, and structure of events...

-Diplomacy is saying "nice doggie" until you can find a big stick.

Well my schedule looks ok. i just have to come and see the V8 run. I will bring one of my stock appearing 3120 with the 125cc motorcycle pipe on it and ground chain. Now we are making spaghetti chips. Dennis i would be bringing a camper so if there is a spot for me please reserve me one. Will be bringing the wife and my 3 year old daughter.

What about the t shirts are you still selling them and do you have any new ones.

John W

John, that sounds great...I have a 5 acre hayfield here beside my house and store...all on one big lot, so room for your camper will not be a problem...I will have my motorhome and my dads camper set up for guests as well....and I do believe Robert is bringing the family as well, my girlfriend and her daughter will be here...so there will be lots of room for the kids to play, and lots of kids to play with.

I am not sure what saws I will be running yet..prolly a piped 272 , or 2171 and hopefully a double ended pair of Super 930's, but I have the feeling we are going to see alot of really fast saws....good thing we have alot of wood!!

I was talking to Brian Couture today, and am trying to work out some sort of deal to have them do a few shows as well...have to see how that pans out.

"I was talking to Brian Couture today, and am trying to work out some sort of deal to have them do a few shows as well...have to see how that pans out."

Not sure what this means, but you guys need to get OLN or somebody out there to video this doins.

Back