Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gyro's Ride To The Revival

Gypo, in deciding that flying to Seattle, necessitated sending his
saws out via UPS, so I arranged for a quicker alternative means for him to get there. Canada has a great rail system, so why no throw one of these on the tracks for 1.6 KPS action. Deceleration about five miles outside of Clearwater ought to only put him in the hospital for a day or so.

Hey Doug, the rocksled is a riot and fun to travel on. After the rides over its hard to distinguish between the road rash and the whiskey rash.
Anywho, things are a little slow in the bush these days, so I am port, polishing and piping a few motors.
Walkerdunndengyrotax Motors Inc.

Yeah, thanks a lot John! You tell me you want to start Lambertizing two strokes and need some practice material, so I send you up my prize favorite Craftsman 1 HP hedge trimmer to clean up the ports in and I get back an alcohol and nitro-burning 20 HP monster that cuts through 20" diameter Douglas Fir "Hedge" faster than my Dunn 3120! Only problem is that the jug and piston only lasts for one 7.5 second run before blowing to bits. I've had it now for 3 weeks and already you've sold me 13 new replacement sets for it at $350 a pop. Now that's a lucrative spares contract! Heck, the fargin thing only cost $99.95 brand new! Even worse, I now set off airport metal detectors because I can never get all of the aluminum schrapnel pulled out of the skin between my legs.

Whineyboy:angry:

Revival T-Shirts

Well..I bit the bullet today and ordered up 100 "Clearwater Revival" Tshirts Should be here by Monday or Tuesday
Apparently these things dont come cheap for specialty orders...
There will be black, grey and white shirts ...in sizes from medium to xxl...

If anyone wants one that cant be here, send 20usd and your address and size to me and I will mail you one off. These are first come first serve on sizes...

Clearwater Loggers Sports
PO Box 17
Clearwater B.C.
V0E 1N0

Now its back to work on the grounds...hopefully uprighting trees tonight...makes sense doesnt it...fall the trees just to put them back upright to fall them again...hmmm...

-despite the cost of living, its still popular.

Park Tours

Some of you that are attending, may wish to take in the Scenic Wells Gray Park...and I am actually thinking of you and your wife rupedoggy...my grandmother has offered to do guided tours of the park, as well as open up her museum to any that may want to check out some of the local history while in town...if anyone is interested...let me know...She is probably one of the best local historians in the valley...and if she can teach gyro how to skin a marten..(which you still owe 50 bucks for John) she can certainly teach anyone a little bit about the valley...

Response is getting better with some of the local business' offering up some door prizes...like rafting trips and golf passes...etc...I am getting a few more sponsors...so it looks like I wont go in the hole too bad this year...lol..with the exception of time involved...but hey thats what its all about...

I am looking forward to seeing everyone, and at the same time getting nervous and stressed...I may have to take up drinking again..lol...

Hopefully my camera is back in action in the next day or so, and I can post some pics...

100 degrees?

Man, now I know you Canucks are a tough lot...especially since you guys measure temps on the Celsius scale; wow!

Dennis, the t-shirts sound like a great idea for the "wanna be there's". My check will be going out tomorrow. Save me an x-large, grey.

Jeff

Well...I went ahead and finally hired a young lady to answer phones and take care of paperwork, so I can finish setting up for the show, and get my saws done....so Gypo...dont be phoning just to talk to her...lol..

Got my camera back working..so I will be able to post some pics tomorrow....

only a few days left....

Eyolf...lol...I already converted...just for you guys...

Jeff...yeah the shirts should be here tomorrow I think...did you get your screens yet?

Well....back to work...got the bobcat coming in tonight with any luck....

Well...its 9:35pm and I am still waiting for my auger to show up tonight and dig some holes...grr...another late night ahead of me.. and only 10 days left...oh well....it only gets better they say...lol...

Here is the site as of today....hay to be cut this weekend....

dennis,
i hope the structure all the way in the back of the photo is not the beer tent. seems like an awfull long walk. lambert will miss a lot of events. marty

Hey Marty, looks to me like the only event there is the " see how fast you can block Dennis's firewood" lol. Thats not a tent in the background. It is actually Dennis's disgruntled neighbours who so happen to be affiliated with the Hell's Angels, however Dennis has appeased them with promise of free beverages for the whole weekend. If not Dennis has to bungy jump into the site from Babcock's helicopter.
John

Dennis,
Maybe you could have a baseball game there as one of the events.
Hell's Angel's vs The Clearwater angel's
Don't forget to let Gypo wear his kilt & sandals...Rick

Creep on loggin'

Thanks Gypo...I just recieved the 10 cases of beer you sent me prior to your arrival...Maybe we can take 1 to clearwater with us (1 beer) as a gift to Dennis. By the way you, me and Eastie George will be traveling together to Clearwater.

The Predator and Rotax are ready for the trip, and to the rest of you arborists....just lace your boots up real tight, cuz your about to get blowed right out of them.

Hi Robert, glad you got the beverages. Oh, I want thank you for allowing me to fall that 48" Doug Fir on your front lawn with the preditor, but can you put some big skookum falling dogs on it for me? I want to stump jump it and spin it right off the stump so it rips across town like a cyclone kind of a thing.
Thanks in advance,
Gyro

Back