Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..after a few more days of work we have come a long way..all the logs uprighted...chopping blocks in...5cube, 6 cube and unlimited logs are all in place...tents are just about set up...log rolling pond is built...12'X12'X4' deep...I would have taken some pics tonight, but i was too dark...have some for ya tomorrow...

Tshirts showed up...they look great...had Krista sorting them today...

will have pics tomorrow

Den,

How about 3 and/or 4 cube classes?

Wil you have that 335 Cali special done and still there? I'd like to run against it....Steve R is patiently anxiously waiting for his Cman...

I love that 346, especially the rpm. It seems to be faster than the Cman, fer sure..... but haven't done a fair test yet.. Cman may have a bit more torque, but less chain speed....

I'm hoping to leave Fri afternoon, but dont know yet. Anyone flying in to vanc. that you know of that might need a ride?

Got the 488 parts for about $202!! I doubt if they'll make it to me by Fri. I may ask them to ship to you direct....if they didn't go out today... I'll need your address, maybe.

Hi Krista, How do you like working for Dennis, how are the working conditions?
It will be nice to see you this weekend. Anyway, your looking good Krista.
John

Roger, the 335 and the craftsman will be gone by the weekend, unless Steve and Mike want someone to run them here...

I am just figuring exhaust work on the 335..its a little tricky...

John, are you hitting on my new help??

Dennis,
Sounds like you are doing a heck of a job up there! I wish I could join y'all. The Burling pond is four feet deep, eh? Well you'd better give Gypo a life jacket then . . . :)!
With all the work you've put into that Craftsman you are more than welcome to keep it around, Rog can run it against the hordes of 2149G's that are sure to show up! I'm sure everyone would like to see how a Solo acquits itself!

Steve R

Roger..that pic is hard to see..but I have my welder working on it...its just really hectic right now...

I have several guys helping me out lots..and without their help this thing would not happen...

The barbeque is in and set up...we can cook up to 40 shish-ke bobs at once...how sweet..and 50 cobs of corn....lol...and they say rednecks dont know what they are doing....

I talked to Rotax and john tonight....I called them at the Eager Beaver Pub in Enumclaw and if anyone wants the number its..360-886-0569 ask for the creeps or "chainsaw bob" they answer to all ...lol...

J0hn, Krista said she would reply tomorrow...

8000 Miles to Clearwater

So here I am sittin' in front of the laptop, hooked into Compuserve and playin' networking games as usual. It's about 70 degrees here just south of Stuttgart Germany in a place called Sindelfingen (I like to call it Singlefinger). Time is about 2:00 AM on Thursday the 11th. I just got back from dinner with a client. I don't know what it is about German beer, but I can drink a lot more of it than I can Budweiser. There are 13 year old kids sitting at outside cafe tables drinking gallons of the stuff. No drinking age over here! Yesterday, I went for a drive with our European marketing director in his brandy new Mercedes SL55 AMG. He's had it "delimited" and I saw an even 300 KPH (186 MPH) on the speedo on one of the Autobahnen over here. 5.5 liter supercharged AMG V8 rated at 476 HP and 516 lb.ft. of torque. They say she'll do over 200 and I believe it. Now I need one badly.

So, before I pass out here, I'd like to wish all you creeps (you may not be one now, but after you've been to Dennis's place you will be) a great time at the first Clearwater Revival. I know Dennis, his family and friends (all two of them) have put a lot of time and money into it, so it's sure to be a killer event. John and I almost had Ken convinced to go, but he had prior commitments this year, sort of like myself who had prior and last minute commitments upon commitments. Say hi to Zypo the fruit basket case for me.

Cheers

dennis, brother man, hang in there. What yo're doing is a good thing. I did a similar thing in
Tenneessee, I put on 3 State Powerlifting meets. We've already talked about this. Do it brother, 6 months later it's all gonna be good. You'll be proud. Dennis we, the less involved on the list, are already proud. It gets discouraging about now. And it will year after year, every year is dfferent, brother, it's all different. Good luck Dennis, we're proud of you brother man.

doug ...I am pissed at you!! I was trying to call you all day today and you are in some other freaking country..not only that, I phone ken and he has just been on the phone with you...whats with that??? i need to talk to you ...call me

WRM and others...I appreciate all the support...a couple things have happened in the last 24 hours....a small mental breakdown today...(and they say its not under warranty?? ) but all is good..

we are pretty much ready to rock and roll for the weekend..will have pics tomorrow again....

The Rupleys should be here tomorrow....we will keep ya posted from there....

-need a new phone

Dennis, take it easy. As long as there's cold beer, nothing else matters:D :D I'm sure everything is going to work out. Nobody is going to be looking for perfection....just do the best you can and don't worry about it. If anybody has any complaints....let them sponsor the show next year ehh!!!! Good luck.

Jeff

Hey all...yeah things have been crazy..met Mike Rupley(rupedogg
y) and Jon Rupley(sawracr) tonight...they finally got here...what a great pair of guys..we have had alot of fun already....They are coming back in the morning....will do some saw work with them then....cant wait to learn first hand...we went out for dinner tonight...well ok..drinks...man, I think they thought Canadian beer was like US beer....they tried to drink near a hundred each...till they got to number 6 and realized that we put alcohol in ours up here...the barmaids had to drag them out to their rooms...

going to be a baaaad weekend for Llamas around here...

Hey guys ..all I can say is you are missing out....First of all the Rupleys are here and helping anyway they can....Jon and Mike are two great guys.......they have helped out a tonne...then this guy shows up and is a bit of a jerk.......yeah you guessed it....the one and only Mr Babcock shows up...what a prick....but you will never meet a better guy....anyway....the day before the show ...all the boys are here....we had a steak and prawn dinner at the bar......and of course the "Predator" was in the bar with us...Robert decided dinner was a little slow, so not once, but twice then a third time started the d@m saw in the bar(remember the saw is on the dance floor) then in the parking lot at 1am I started it....in the parking lot though...showed it off...

But the real twist to the story...Me and Doug Babcock are in the bar arguing over the 600.00 bill... and we get a person coming in tht says Robert just got arrested in my driveway....they werent kidding...I raced home and yep..the red and blue cherries were lighting up the driveway....Robert was in cuffs behind the car....about to be "searched" if you know what I mean..but I happen to know the officers here...and we got the cuffs off him.he will compete this weekend..all is good..he got away with a 345 dollar fine and he will be allowed to drive tomorrow at the same time...hehehehe

but the Pred rocks!!!

So dig this. I fly from Stuttgart to London and meet Jane, my wife in Chicago, then we fly to Vancouver and on to Kamloops. We drive into Dennis's place and at about 8 PM night before last. Dennis, Lou, Ella and a couple of other regulars are having a couple of beverages in front of the Saw Shop, using the 4 wheeler as a bar. I get out of the car and approach Dennis, who's obviously half in the bag, and tell him I want to buy a really big saw. He doesn't completely get it, as the inquisive, sh$t-eating grin on his face is riddled with confusion. His first utterance is "Roger?". Now I know Dennis has met RBtree, so I now know that he's really ork-faced. I say "no Dennis, I'm Doug; you know, dbabcock?" Immediately, he almost goes into an epileptic seizure (Mike Rupley just corrected me on the spelling of that) and slurrs out, "Get the Fu%k outta here! You gotta be sh#ttin' me! No f%*(%)&*%*%()^ way!!" So anyway, to make a long story short, I'm sittin' here with the Rupley brothers and Gyro and we're screwin' with Dennis's computer. Half of the keys have the letters worn off of 'em, but the number one key that has absolutely no lettering on it whatsoever is the period key.

We be here at the first annual Clearwater Revival. Gypo, the Rupley brothers, Rotax Robert and his friend George, Dennis and the clan and a whole bunch o' canuk people just drinkin' and bein' stupid. The fargin Daquiri Wacher had to be modified to get the fargin' EPA BS off of the thing. Last night we went to the Wells Gray Bar and Grill and had dinner, but not without Karaoke and Predator action. We're havin' a dinner of prons and steak and all of a sudden, Robert gets up and fires up the Predator that's sittin' in the middle of the dance floor! I'm not sh%ttin' ya! The bartenders are completely jacked at this point and we're just howling at the machismo of the whole deal. Robert. in his typical notwithstanding persona, merely strolls off the dance floor and people are absolutely going ballistic! Gypo, being more well behaved than anyone has ever seen him, is sitting there with Doug, the two of them just hauling down anything that has alcohol in it, and completely impervious to the fact that a straight-piped V8 has just been lit-off in the middle of a fargin' restaurant.

Twenty people from the Revival were there and we ran up a $600 dinner and bar tab within 3 hours. Arboristsite members are drinking "Gladiators" at the bar and the local chicks are really digging the action. This is manliness of the first order! A toast is offered up by Dennis, to Darin, and the place goes berserk. Everyone is competely inebriated by this point. Jane leaves because she can't bring herself to be associated with such a$$holery. Most of the other women follow suit. Without the spectre of womanly intervention, things get completely out of hand. We end up back at Greffard's at about 2 AM, and when we get there, there's a couple of cruisers in the driveway with the lights going and people being questioned, and at the same time time, the hangers-on are in the front yard tossing down beverages like the cops aren't even there. More later, I need a drink .

What was Robert arrested for, and was he the only one? Please post pictures of the saw related stuff, My pending truck purchase is the ONLY reason I'm not there right now, I need details!

Hey,guys...... it was'nt that the guy came into town with the Predator turing 9000 in the back of the truck or that he takes the ???? thing to the bar to stur his drinks, or downs more Bud than fuel from home to Clearwater. Really the cops just did'nt like him really eh!!!!!
P.S. Did I forget to mention he also had Gypo with him, that alone could get anyone arrested.

I and Clearwater will never be the same, Dennis and his extended family did everything in there power to provide for the Arborists, Great Great people, the only problem I found was the Mosquitos, nothing a little saw gas repellent could'nt take care of......................................... trying write this thing , I keep slipping back to Clearwater and all the fun, a new found bond with a group of guys and gals that will last forever,......................... I'am off again. Thanks!!!!!! Den it was, as we put it in Calif. WAY COOL!!!!!!

Hey all!! I seriously have to thank everyone for their support!! the weekend was fantastic!! Started out with meeting the Roooplys Thursday night for a few beverages... and ended with Monday morning with myself, Robert and Carl going golfing...

What an incredible bunch of people that were here this weekend. If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting any of these guys...Mike Rupley(rupedoggy) Jon Rupley(sawracr) Doug Babcock( dbabcock) Rotax Robert, John Lambert, RbTree... you know what I am talking about....

Watchin the Rupley brothers chase each other around when one of them beat the other was the funniest thing i have ever seen...then John on the burling log....then John running around with a screaming 088..

The bbq Sat night was another great time...good food, good people, good beverages...got to bed about 4:30am up at about 7:30 for Sunday...

Sunday night dinner was absolutely the funniest...watching everyone mimic everyone else...down by the lakeshore...

All in all the event was a good success, we have lots of new ideas for next year.....and I hope more of the arborist guys can make it!!

Back