Climber Interviews, OMG!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every time I look at it I think " po ohfer "

But...........ah..yeah....please kill it

iam not certified in nothing, i climb trees since i was 10, so it did my father,certifications are a waste of ur hard earn money, and employers that request that crap, are morrons, btw, i make 50 to 150 an hour from my house, and the best part, certification papers wouldnt be good not even to wipe my ass

Is that you Rocky J. Squirrel?

iam not certified in nothing, i climb trees since i was 10, so it did my father,certifications are a waste of ur hard earn money, and employers that request that crap, are morrons, btw, i make 50 to 150 an hour from my house, and the best part, certification papers wouldnt be good not even to wipe my ass

Well at least you know how to spell and form proper sentences.

I FOUND ONE!
Last week I got a call from a kid who is 23, said he had 11 years on the job, 8 in the saddle. "Wait a minute" I said "your only 23, how is that possible" turns out, his step dad owns a company,made him start working when he was 11, said he had to work every summer, and after school till dark, step dad put him in a saddle when he was 14, mom and step-dad are getting the big D, says its real bad, gotta cut all ties "cant be around some one who treats my mom like trash". So I have him come to the yard, talk with him, then tell him to show me what he can do out back on a HUGE Bur Oak I have, right up he went, told him to walk a branch, does it with style! Kid admits he really doesn't know much about trees, wants to learn real bad, always climbed with gaffs, very little foot-locking, no problem, we can teach that, tells me, his step dad was a topper and didn't care about trees at all, just the money, so he never learned the right way.No problem, I can teach all that as-well, had him start on Wednesday on 2 dead Red Oaks, Showed him the gear I have, gave him the crew and watched. Kid is AWESOME! Flawless victory on the Job. The crew, real skeptical at first, not anymore!
SO, I guess throwing an add on craigslist wasn't that bad of an idea! Another week of good stuff, and I will give him the crew and tell him to grab the ball and run. Well see, if he is what I am hoping he is, I will be able to take this to the next level. Was worried about him "spying" as I know his step-dad, and he is a real piece of work. After kid tells me about the divorce, surprised there was no physical violence, I don't think hell ever go back, whether it works out with me or not. Climbing at 14, WOW. I have no doubt that he is telling the truth, I know kids here that are running combines at that age. I would not even consider putting one of my boys on the rope at that age, rec climbing, sure, in a saddle, on a job, with a saw, NO-WAY! However, as wrong as it was, I'm glad he did!

I FOUND ONE!
Last week I got a call from a kid who is 23, said he had 11 years on the job, 8 in the saddle. "Wait a minute" I said "your only 23, how is that possible" turns out, his step dad owns a company,made him start working when he was 11, said he had to work every summer, and after school till dark, step dad put him in a saddle when he was 14, mom and step-dad are getting the big D, says its real bad, gotta cut all ties "cant be around some one who treats my mom like trash". So I have him come to the yard, talk with him, then tell him to show me what he can do out back on a HUGE Bur Oak I have, right up he went, told him to walk a branch, does it with style! Kid admits he really doesn't know much about trees, wants to learn real bad, always climbed with gaffs, very little foot-locking, no problem, we can teach that, tells me, his step dad was a topper and didn't care about trees at all, just the money, so he never learned the right way.No problem, I can teach all that as-well, had him start on Wednesday on 2 dead Red Oaks, Showed him the gear I have, gave him the crew and watched. Kid is AWESOME! Flawless victory on the Job. The crew, real skeptical at first, not anymore!
SO, I guess throwing an add on craigslist wasn't that bad of an idea! Another week of good stuff, and I will give him the crew and tell him to grab the ball and run. Well see, if he is what I am hoping he is, I will be able to take this to the next level. Was worried about him "spying" as I know his step-dad, and he is a real piece of work. After kid tells me about the divorce, surprised there was no physical violence, I don't think hell ever go back, whether it works out with me or not. Climbing at 14, WOW. I have no doubt that he is telling the truth, I know kids here that are running combines at that age. I would not even consider putting one of my boys on the rope at that age, rec climbing, sure, in a saddle, on a job, with a saw, NO-WAY! However, as wrong as it was, I'm glad he did!

That sounds like a good deal for you there man! Congrats.

One of my competitors has his kid (about 14 or 15 tops) running his whole show practically.. from what I hear anyway. I've seen him up in the bucket, don't know if he climbs. Figures though, my luck, just as I get his fat pig dad whipped up pretty good, he brings in the replacement model! :dizzy:

wez arz knot hIllbIllies, wez edumacated around deez part, me son is 19 today, gonna go on up to da shool fur hiz 8th grade graduauation, heez gona jion up wit his poopa to cut da cheeze, im mean da treez, we glad we no a surfer dude like u
:hmm3grin2orange:
Really tho, my son is 19 today. I am getting old:help:

23 is how old I was when I was first turned loose with a crew. It was customary back then to send a young climber off with an older, experienced groundy to keep an eye on things.

I had a 19 year old who was a great climber a few years back. He had awesome natural ability. All I had to do was teach him ropes and saws. He worked out great for about 6 months but could not keep himself out of jail. Had to let him go.

Congrats on finding a good one! :cheers:

23 is how old I was when I was first turned loose with a crew. It was customary back then to send a young climber off with an older, experienced groundy to keep an eye on things.

I had a 19 year old who was a great climber a few years back. He had awesome natural ability. All I had to do was teach him ropes and saws. He worked out great for about 6 months but could not keep himself out of jail. Had to let him go.

Congrats on finding a good one! :cheers:

23 is how old I was when I got my first truck/chipper, and went on my own. Lol.. maybe sg gets lucky, and this ones a late bloomer. :laugh:

Back