Climber Interviews, OMG!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get urself a nice stihl saw, some good gear, and fire ur boss, get a darm trailer, and start little, and become all u can be, dont be afraid, no chipper, no problem, grow balls, work hard, anybody can doit, good luck

To be honest, I dont know why you guys find this attitude so hard to believe..

I remember my bro with the old 68 GMC dump back in the day, loading brush into the back and chopping it down. For a bit there he was carrying the gear in the trunk of this giant 77 Lincoln continental.. man was I glad when that thing caught fire and burned up!

But yeah, this guy could be a troll.

Last edited:
The more I think about this, as ignorant as he sounds, and right off the bat he is using the quote option, saying all the right things, misspelled and no grammar what so ever, but spelled Stihl correctly! I smell a fakie!
Someone is trying to get us fired up again!

Matt, you have your own deal over there? Work for someone, or are you a hired gun? I'm in the QC

Self employed, strictly word of mouth, 21 years. Occasionally hire out. Are you the guy who advertises on craigslist for climbers?

To be honest, I dont know why you guys find this attitude so hard to believe..

I remember my bro with the old 68 GMC dump back in the day, loading brush into the back and chopping it down. For a bit there he was carrying the gear in the trunk of this giant 77 Lincoln continental.. man was I glad when that thing caught fire and burned up!

But yeah, this guy could be a troll.
dude, i have a nice truck ford 350, an 18 foot trailer, and i ll doit all, best part, i dont have to deal with anybody, just the costumer, no groundman not showing up for work, any of that crap, no workmans comp, any of that, i work 4 to 6 hours a day, and i do pretty darm good, nowadays, certifications taking ur money, buckets, bla bla bal,chippers, what happened to good ol climbing, and hard work, climbers have become #####es with pretty toys, that wont touch a limb once they have touch the floor, but if i work too hard i might get an ouyy on my hands, and ill have to go get a bandage, right.

I kinda agree.

iam not certified in nothing, i climb trees since i was 10, so it did my father,certifications are a waste of ur hard earn money, and employers that request that crap, are morrons, btw, i make 50 to 150 an hour from my house, and the best part, certification papers wouldnt be good not even to wipe my ass

you can do it or you can't.I don't see what difference certs make in your ability.I always wanted to watch a certified climber to see what was so special.

I have a feeling any good certified climber was already a good climber before they got certified.

I always found...............

Self employed, strictly word of mouth, 21 years. Occasionally hire out. Are you the guy who advertises on craigslist for climbers?

it is wise to avoid employers looking for climbers on CL.If an employer is having trouble keeping climbers,it's wise to stay away.

Matt, yep thats me, sorry for the need not apply part, but you have no idea of the clowns that are in my area. They all resemble this Jeo. I am not having trouble keeping climbers, they don't quit, I fire them. Not because I'm a jerk, because they cannot perform or milk the clock. I'm not looking for just a climber either, but someone who can take over all the operations so I can focus on selling and the business. So if putting an add on here is a bad sign, I'm sorry. Just do not have the pool of potential employees others have, again there is a very small group of pros here, a very large group wannabees and druggie/drunks. There are some guys that have a problem with addiction that are pretty good, however, I don't need to worry about that stuff, if they cleaned up, I would talk to them, until then, stay away.The good ones either are owner/operators themselves or work for the big orange. Again, I have no problems keeping people, those who have been with me for years, came right back as soon as I was done with my little adventure back in the Marines. These guys are my ground guys. Had a GREAT climber, when I was called back, I got him a job at Wright, quickly he advanced, now a GF with Asplundh, cant hardly expect him to leave, with all the bennies he has, young wife with one in the oven, so I have not even asked him. I suppose I may be a little hard on the expectations I have. I was trained by Pros, worked with Pros, I want a Pro. Sorry If I have to look elsewhere to get one, If any one has a better idea, please let me know. I figured running an add in the local paper was pointless, All those who would apply, I probably have already talked to them or seen their performance at their current company. So I put an add on here and CL hoping to find "that guy" someone I don't have to train. Someone that will take pride and ownership in his work. That there my friends is the hardest part.

Last edited:
you can do it or you can't.I don't see what difference certs make in your ability.I always wanted to watch a certified climber to see what was so special.

I have a feeling any good certified climber was already a good climber before they got certified.

what iam trying to say is, a certification dont make a climber, u can read the book and pass, hell, my father in law is 68., he read the book, took the test and passed, is he a climber now, hell no, he can barely climb his darm truck, not judging,iam upset at so many stupid employes turning down good climbers,cause of a piece of paper, makes no difference to me, iam in louisiana now, making good cash, heading to iowa next, for the lake that dissapear, wanna join me, and make some money, ill give u the number, but be aware, u cabt use ur bucket truck, is muddy:givebeer::popcorn:

I might JPS, I'll call you.I have been waiting for the right guy to come along, I have a large Oak in the back we need to take down, was saving it as a "interview station". When they come over, I will piont to a branch, a hard one, tell him to get it on the ground, stand back and watch.

I think that JEO...whatever, is one of the guys that called me!
I suspect that he is one of those fake identity's, created by one of our top posters, trying to have a little fun.
If not, and he is real, I think we just found the very person we all talk about, we should exploit his knowledge while he is here. Think about it guys, when is the next time you'll get to have such knowledge and experience come our way, we have a lot we could learn from him.[/QUOTEi havent call u, granny, u climb ur own darm tree, so u can show ur never ending expertise

Matt, yep thats me, sorry for the need not apply part, but you have no idea of the clowns that are in my area. They all resemble this Jeo.
i rest my case, this dude is offended, the shoe fits, eh honey, ui didnt even had to use a stretcher, ehh

i rest my case, this dude is offended, the shoe fits, eh honey, ui didnt even had to use a stretcher, ehh

You make 150 dollars an hr from your house ? I guess none of that money has every gone into furthering your education .... Such as proper sentence structure capitalization and correct pronunciation .

well have to go to church now, to repent for upseting so many good corporate climbers, i ll pray for ur groundsman to show up on monday, so u wont be busy hurting ur manicured pretty hands, i will pray for u not to be late for supper that monday night, and that ur wife will understand that ur help didnt show up, and that u had to doit all by yourself, i will pray that u will give raises not because they deserve it, but because u depend on them so much, that u feel worthless sometimes, i will pray for ur fat ass to get smaller enough for u to be able to climb again, and fit those chaps, yes those chaps people use to whistle when u walked by, good luck, oh yeah, dont forget to pay that workmans comp, for the guy that said he s hurted, i heard he got a lawyer, :rockn::rockn:

The only excuse I can think of for a treeman to never set foot out of the bucket, is if he was injured to the point where it's too painful to climb anymore.. in that case it's acceptable to stay in it, for love of the work, if not the money.

I climb out of my bucket all the time.. I love equipment too. If you are for real jeo, you have to ask yourself what happens if you get hurt, or when you are too old to climb.

You make 150 dollars an hr from your house ? I guess none of that money has every gone into furthering your education .... Such as proper sentence structure capitalization and correct pronunciation .
no, i buy beer, iam educated do, i collect my checks on time with proper manners, i say thanks and please, not gooodd enough, sorry, not trying to impress a tree, if u havent noticed, they cant talk, or u ve being hearing voices, mmmmmmmmmm:D

The only excuse I can think of for a treeman to never set foot out of the bucket, is if he was injured to the point where it's too painful to climb anymore.. in that case it's acceptable to stay in it, for love of the work, if not the money.

I climb out of my bucket all the time.. I love equipment too. If you are for real jeo, you have to ask yourself what happens if you get hurt, or when you are too old to climb.

come on people, theres time for everything under the sun, a bucket is good if u r too close to power lines, and yes, safety is good, fear is good, it keep u alive wanting to comeback to ur kids at the end of the day,iam actually agree with u 100 per cent, but iam trying to upset< WITH SUCCESS, some corporate idiots,that sit on their desk, and call themselves CLIMBERSSSSSSSSSSSS:rock:

no, i buy beer, iam educated do, i collect my checks on time with proper manners, i say thanks and please, not gooodd enough, sorry, not trying to impress a tree, if u havent noticed, they cant talk, or u ve being hearing voices, mmmmmmmmmm:D

Listen you can be a smart a#s tree climber thats fine ... But when your posts look like you let a 5year old short hand for ya , to say the least its annoying , And when you are preaching about employers who won't hire cause of lack of certification I am inclined to think there may be a little more to the story , just saying ..

Latest posts

Back