Climber Interviews, OMG!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And furthermore what the hell is a CORPORATE CLIMBER , is that someone who has respect for them self and or there career ? It sounds like you may have sniffed a little too much stale gas lately .. You can be a professional at any job even the guy who sucks the #### out of the port o poddy can do his or her job with some respect..

Tree MDS, you nailed it, I WOULD LOVE to be able to climb again, to much pain, the arms going numb is a small issue as well! I try and go up on small stuff, but usually cannot finish, I can work out the bucket most of the day, but even that is getting to the point where it is unbearable, about 2 everyday I feel like I have been beat with a bat. Docs want me to stop altogether and fuse my neck together, deaden my Braceal Nerve's in both arms (they told me I would lose most of my feeling in my pinkey fingers) and repair my rotator cusps on both sides(both are torn, right side about 1") So far, I have refused. Have heard to many bad things about the surgery and the after effects, real scary, don't wanna drive a wheel chair with my tongue!

Tree MDS, you nailed it, I WOULD LOVE to be able to climb again, to much pain, the arms going numb is a small issue as well! I try and go up on small stuff, but usually cannot finish, I can work out the bucket most of the day, but even that is getting to the point where it is unbearable, about 2 everyday I feel like I have been beat with a bat. Docs want me to stop altogether and fuse my neck together, deaden my Braceal Nerve's in both arms (they told me I would lose most of my feeling in my pinkey fingers) and repair my rotator cusps on both sides(both are torn, right side about 1") So far, I have refused. Have heard to many bad things about the surgery and the after effects, real scary, don't wanna drive a wheel chair with my tongue!

You have to take of your body , There is no amount of money that should put you in a wheel chair , there is no glory in being old and ####ed up ...

The only excuse I can think of for a treeman to never set foot out of the bucket, is if he was injured to the point where it's too painful to climb anymore.. in that case it's acceptable to stay in it, for love of the work, if not the money.

I climb out of my bucket all the time.. I love equipment too. If you are for real jeo, you have to ask yourself what happens if you get hurt, or when you are too old to climb.

I agree with you 100 percent I bought a bucket for 2 reasons to cut time and save the climber , and if theres a way to get the truck in were taking it ... I feel there is no substitute to SAFETY and speed ..

I have been reading this book for a while now.. best of luck with things! :cheers:

My brother was a climber too. He took a bad fall, and probably would have never been able to climb again.. didn't stop him from wanting to get a bucket and keep at it though. Unfortunately a car crash took him before he got that far. That was a long time ago, but what I'm saying is I know where you're coming from. Don't know what I would do without this work myself..

iam not certified in nothing, i climb trees since i was 10, so it did my father,certifications are a waste of ur hard earn money, and employers that request that crap, are morrons, btw, i make 50 to 150 an hour from my house, and the best part, certification papers wouldnt be good not even to wipe my ass

I call bs, so at 13 you think you got climbing down right? I bet mommy don't know your on here either:hmm3grin2orange:

So I have put out a couple adds out for a climber, here and locally.
Had no Idea what I was gonna get!
Here are just of few of the crazy things I heard.

1. "What kind of saddle? I don't ride horses"

2. "what kind of saddle? you mean the thing that those guys wear at Home Depot up in those lift things"

3. "I been doin da tree work for 14 years, so...........ah, whats up, when do I start, I have court on Monday so it cant be then."

4. "I climbed up in grain bins,cant be much different"

5." I don't use rope or a saddle, I free climb, all that stuff just gets in the way"

I didn't know what to expect when I listed those adds. But I didn't expect that. A little scary, as I know that there are other company's around that hire anyone who isn't afraid of heights! I climbed for a lot of years, still go up on small stuff, and up in the bucket, and I still am a little nervous when I'm up there. Cannot believe these guys are willing to do something so dangerous, without knowing what they are getting into. Most of them are desperate to feed the kids and will do anything to make money. I felt real bad for a couple guys, they seem genuine enough, wish I had a lot of money to hire them for whatever around the shop. Of course I had a few topper/hacks meth heads apply, but yet to find "that guy"

Curious ...

Has anybody ran an ad specifically for a Certified Arborist and experienced climber?

And if so, what kind of response did that bring?

Anyway, if you're doing treework without at least one groundman, it's more than likely wussy/and or hack treework - unless it's pruning that is, and I dont see our boy jenna as the caring arborist type.. lol.

My last interviews went like this. They asked if I had experience I said yup 28 years, They asked if I had drivers license I said yup class A cdl, they asked when I could start and I said, whats it pay? That is when I told them I would be interested in a higher position that payed equall to my experience level or a part time thing but not at the peanuts they are willing to dish out!

well have to go to church now, to repent for upseting so many good corporate climbers, i ll pray for ur groundsman to show up on monday, so u wont be busy hurting ur manicured pretty hands, i will pray for u not to be late for supper that monday night, and that ur wife will understand that ur help didnt show up, and that u had to doit all by yourself, i will pray that u will give raises not because they deserve it, but because u depend on them so much, that u feel worthless sometimes, i will pray for ur fat ass to get smaller enough for u to be able to climb again, and fit those chaps, yes those chaps people use to whistle when u walked by, good luck, oh yeah, dont forget to pay that workmans comp, for the guy that said he s hurted, i heard he got a lawyer, :rockn::rockn:

And I pray for you too. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

To be honest, I dont know why you guys find this attitude so hard to believe..

I remember my bro with the old 68 GMC dump back in the day, loading brush into the back and chopping it down. For a bit there he was carrying the gear in the trunk of this giant 77 Lincoln continental.. man was I glad when that thing caught fire and burned up!

But yeah, this guy could be a troll.

Are you sure we're not brothers.. I had a 77 Continental and blew it up. Burnt a whole graveyard down...

Back