Climbing harness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazmat5760

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a nice harness for rock climbing/rappelling. Would this work for just some minor tree climbing? There are a couple of trees in Mom's yard that need some help loosing weight. :D

Thanks,

It falls somewhere in between a real tree climber's saddle and nothing at all. Yes it may keep you from falling out the tree but it's not really designed for tree work. What kind of rope will you be using? What other tree gear do you have? You said that you're going to lighten up some trees, do you mean that you will pruning them?

Sorry for the lack of information. These trees have never been pruned and there is a good bit of dead in them. The dead isn't huge by anymeans, so a hand saw will be used.

I was planning on using static line.

The only tree gear I have is pruning equipment and a few chain saws. I landscaped/pruned trees for my first 4 years out of highschool so I at least know how/what to prune. Only problem is my pole saw just isn't long enough for the rest of the work.

The trees are two ash trees that are at a min. of 20 years old with one closer to 30.

Dad wants the 30 year old tree gone, but I don't have the heart to do so.

Latest posts

Back