Climbing Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we should start a tree climbers best friend picture thread. here 's a few of me in a sweet gum tree at my parents house over thanksgiving. werent too much fun though but was pretty

Sizzle-Chest said:
so you want to know about dog huh? i knew the day would come when i would have to explain . . . dog. ....Sounds stupid, but thats what i do! Here are some funny pictures of Original DOG!!!

Sizzle, you gotta take this the right way...I'm sittin' here laughing and grinning like that crazy monkey-headed avatar of yours while I type this. When I read some of your posts, after I get thru laughing, I just have to say, "What an idiot!!!" But, then, I say that about myself a lot, too. :dizzy:

That first picture of dawg is great. Thanks for enlightening us. Now I just gotta think of the next great question to pull something ELSE out of you that is so funny.

Have a good evening.

You are doing some great stuff...your picture of the false crotch is great. I am still trying to understand how to set those up...I have the hardware but have not figured out the process yet...I am the idiot now...but working on learning it.

pantheraba said:
You are doing some great stuff...your picture of the false crotch is great. I am still trying to understand how to set those up...I have the hardware but have not figured out the process yet...I am the idiot now...but working on learning it.

those crotch savers are like tree puzzles. i could draw you a picture to explain how to get it up and down if you want. give me 20 minutes

oh, and to get it out, just put a knot on your rope thats small enough to go through big end of saver and big enough to not go through the small end. pull and it'll pull everything down with it

Last edited:
Sizzle-Chest said:
could you point me in the direction of these posts you speak of? i like to laugh at myself

Your opening monologue in "Sizzle's Big Adventure With Friction Saver" is priceless. You are trying new stuff and passing along what went right and what went wrong. You have a knack for telling a story and making it fun to read.

See
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=26437

And this quote from Redbull when you were working on developing your new FC..."Wooohooo! A new FC climbing story from Sizzle!! Can't wait! J/K Sizzle, have fun and be safe."

Just keep on being you

Sizzle-Chest said:
those crotch savers are like tree puzzles. i could draw you a picture to explain how to get it up and down if you want. give me 20 minutes

If you have the time and want to fuss with it, that would be great...but, I have Jepson's book...it may be in there. Or it my already be here or at TB or TH...I have not had time to look for it yet.

For now, I am practicing putting up my leather rope/cambium saver and learning to footlock as I go up...along with working out my ascender setups.

i climbed a pin oak down the street today. i kept getting caught up in the branches so it wasnt very fun at all. i only took a few shots cuz i left pretty quick, the last was another tree in the park, some kinda cedar?

Sizzle-Chest said:

Hey, Sizzzz...I just found your drawing of how to install the FC...you went back and snuck it in (edited it later).

Good explanation; I'll be able to do it for sure.

I discovered your drawing tonight when I was entertaining my daughter with your posts. I had her start with "Sizzle's Big Adventure With Friction Saver"...she liked that so much we spent 20 minutes perusing a lot of the other ones.

She wants to marry a cross between you and Ong-Bak (Thai Warrior).

Here is a picture of her about 18 years ago...she is 22 now. She loves your teeth (yours or the avatar???).:D

Thanks much for taking the time to draw out the install process...I especially like steps 2 and 7. :laugh:

your daughter and i are about the same age! I dont know who the Thai Warrior is, but if she really wants to marry a guy like me, she should talk to my wife and find out what its like being married to someone who comes home everyday saying, "now dont be upset, but i there's been a little accident . . .". Here's a picture of my daughter, she's hard to see because she's still in my wife's belly for another month. I will have to post a picture when she pops out in January.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment_29049.php

Katie said she thinks you will be a good daddy..from reading your posts she can tell that you won't have any trouble relating to your young'un on their level...that is what makes kids have fun....parents who can be kids when they need to be.

Our best wishes for you, your wife and bambino.

I guess Katie will just have to settle for Ong-Bak.

You guys have good eyes. I like that. That is twisted polypro (scary huh). That traverse was about 160' up, but it was only probably 15 feet long. It's a long story why I would use trucker's rope at all, but rest assured there are always at least two lines to safety to. The reason I'm not wearing any shoes is because those particular trees are climbed frequently and I try and practice a "leave no trace" ethic while in the heavens. I find it less abrasive on the thin bark. Anyways, I found out what skywalking is. I guess It's just another word for an unassisted traverse. I have a question for anyone that can help: Does anybody know anything about the Maschard?(spelling?) It's a wonderful knot that I'm trying to learn more about and am having little luck. ps. here is a jolly roger and a solar panel I put about 206' up in a redwood)

Shag said:
Also Sizzle, I put your awsome crotch saver comic on my desktop, it's a riot.

You are right, that is a great comic/teaching tool...kinda like the Army comic books.

Thanks for filling us in on that polypro rope. Glad to hear you had backups.

Post more picts when you can.

santa gave me a climbing helmet, so i played around with it yesterday in a fir near my pops house. he asked why anyone would need a helmet in a tree. when i pulled my friction saver out he said, "woh, now i see why . . ." here's some pics, it was pretty fun tree.

could be actually, its in about the right place, but she's still in her momma's belly for another couple weeks We got two due dates from different doctors early in the prenancy and we dont know which one to believe. I'll definately post a pic when she pops out.

Hey Siz, nice pics.

I might offer just a tad bit of criticism about the placement of your friction saver: if you hang it on a branch on the opposite side of the trunk, then should for some unexpected reason the branch fails, it will be impossible for you to free fall to the ground, as it would be should the branch on the same side of the trunk you're tied into fails.

Cool Frank Zappa look.

chuck, i totally agree and was actually thinking the same thing at the time. but i wanted to try that on the ground first so that i could see how well i could retrieve it when wrapped around the back of the trunk. i usually lanyard in even when rapelling just in case my branch fails but not that time. good criticism!

oh ya, thanks for the compliment on my Zappa beard. is that a real poncho or is that a sears poncho?

Latest posts

Back