COLD AS FRIG!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberWolf530

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Down to -12F this morning. That's pretty damn cold for Indiana. I'm sure someone can beat that though.

35* here. Few days have been in the 40s. Been working the last week in a sweatshirt.

I'd rather have normal temps, everything is a skating rink from the rain and melting.

It's been ~60* temp swings all winter. -20 one day and 40* the next.

0* tonight 21* tomorrow where I live and snow on the ground.
Calling for mid 50's by Sunday.

The older I get the more I like summer.

-25 this morning-50 windchill Southeast Wi. My electric heat is helping out the woodstove. just got 14 inches of snow monday, and it's drifting bad. suppose to be in the 40's this weekend. that will feel like shorts weather.

-25 this morning-50 windchill Southeast Wi. My electric heat is helping out the woodstove. just got 14 inches of snow monday, and it's drifting bad. suppose to be in the 40's this weekend. that will feel like shorts weather.

I hear ya. I live in Sheboygan county. It’s a cold mother today.

I hear ya. I live in Sheboygan county. It’s a cold mother today.
I'm just north of west bend. Went out and started my truck and wifes van, they just barely started. putting my truck in my insulated shed tonight. I might have to heat it up tomorrow. They say colder temps tonight.

We love our discounted free standing sweetheart. Fired the stove up and within no time the room thermometer startes rising. We will never go back to an insert. Supposed to be 9 tonight.

-2 currently in Western PA. Just moved back from a year and half in southwest Florida so not even used to 30 degrees anymore. I've been hibernating by the fire. Haven't been on here since I had moved south so had to make a new screen name.

Just got back inside from starting my nieces car. Told her to plug it in but she said it didn't have one. Well it did. Ran a cord and jumped it. Filled the boiler. It's cold out. -29 already and guessing we beat the -36 it was this am.

Just back from clearing around and cutting low limbs off a big willow. 3 hours. Started wearing full thermals, sweat shirt top and padded vest. Ended in t-shirt. Tree all ready to fall next trip. Weird weather. no winter to speak of here, only two hits of snow and both were gone in a couple days. While cutting brush today I was mobbed by aphids! Never saw them out this early, birds nexting in mid January, Canada Geese northbound mid Jan. Still picking aphids off me as I type.

41 currently and was about that all night. Temps going down to single digit los, teens for hi on Monday.

Single digit and sub zero for the next 4 or so days. I put the 2 inch foam core into the big windows inset, found a couple of cold spots around the windows that I resealed, heavy moving blankets now up to help keep cold out, heat in. I am as ready as I can be.

And for some thing absolutely awful, the Eddie Bauer Extreme Cold Parka is on standby.

Back