Companies with free firewood for pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free Non split Firewood Cleveland, OH (Eastside)

We have a large pile of non split firewood seasoned about two to three months. Location is the Eastside of Cleveland, OH. PM if interested.

Indianapolis north side. I can bury you in it. Always 16" (unless requested otherwise), stubs cut flush off.

I never have a problem getting rid of it, but I like meeting new people, esp. from here.

The other day I had two two girls come up and ask for the free stuff. Then they asked how to split it, said they had an axe. I asked how much they need. Just one trunkload, so I offered a lesson. I pulled out the biggest round there and they're like, "No way!" It was silver maple, splits rather easy. Of course, you don't hit it down the middle. You clock it a couple inches in from the edge and a piece a couple inches thick flies off. Then you repeat that process, spiralling around the piece making it smaller and smaller until you're down to the last two pieces which you give a mighty crack down the middle. Total time, 30 or 40 seconds.

Then I got this awesome question; "How did you do that?" I said, "it's really hard to explain, I'll have to show you." I pulled another round and did the exact same thing. "Any questions?"

"Oh m'God... I can't believe that." I said, "Don't believe it. It was just a magic trick. Smoke and mirrors. It was all an <i>illusion</i>."

They left, and just for fun, I popped another one apart, bait for the next firewood seeker. I never split firewood for people, but the point is, I was showing off for the girls. This story is a lead-up to to the picture you're about to see, taken shortly after the girls left, a testimony to the power of the word FREE. He filled it right up to the windshield and came back 4 more times.

A big big thank you to Jim with tree machine. I got his number off of this thread, gave him a call and in just a couple of days he covered me up in free wood just like he said he could. In fact I'm driving home now with the load.

If you are in the Indianapolis area and need free wood give him a call. Great guy. Look back a few posts and you'll find his post and business card.

15 posts deleted, 112 deleted to date

If you want wood, don't post here, it will get deleted, contact a company in your area or post on the "Free Firewood Wanted" thread.

12 months free firewood around Salem, Windham, Hudson, Pelham NH. Also Dracut, Tyngsboro, Methuen MA.
You have to come and load by your self. Time is also essence.
Call me 603.508.1060
So I can put you on my list.

I have guys that buy much of my wood, picked up onsite (oak, pecan, hackberry, mulberry, maple, etc.). They will not take my elm, cottonwood, willow, etc. I am happy to give it away if it can be picked up onsite, preferably the same day as the job.

I dont know why anyone would want mulberry over elm. :msp_confused:

I've always got some logs/wood sitting around. Contact me through the website shown below.

I usually haul the logs to a free disposal site, but I would gladly deliver to someone who was closer. You would need to be ready to take logs of any size. I wouldn't stick anybody with junk wood, however.

BTW: whoever doesn't prefer mulberry over elm as firewood doesn't know enough about firewood yet. Keep burning and splitting, you'll see why!

I am looking for some free firewood or pay for delivery in livingston county michigan.

free firewood in north shore area

I have firewood of all types and sizes.....North Shore Massachusetts!
New to this..very interested. Tell me what I need to do. Cant store more than half a cord I think its called. My email is [email protected]. I am sooooo very interested judt had epidural steroid shot in spine week or so ago so just driving a bit this week. But weather has us kinda desperate for wood.PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN SO I CAN LEARN HOW TO AQUIRE SOME WOOD RIGHT AWAY. sons went to bed and not tech savy so not sure I even did this right. Lol all help appreciated

New to this..very interested. Tell me what I need to do. Cant store more than half a cord I think its called. My email is [email protected]. I am sooooo very interested judt had epidural steroid shot in spine week or so ago so just driving a bit this week. But weather has us kinda desperate for wood.PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN SO I CAN LEARN HOW TO AQUIRE SOME WOOD RIGHT AWAY. sons went to bed and not tech savy so not sure I even did this right. Lol all help appreciated

I have not had any luck finding free wood in Mass, but David at Marquistree has a good deal on grapple loads. I just had about 30 trees delivered (mostly Oak and Locust) for $500. He should be able to bring smaller loads too, but if all you have room for is a half cord, just buy it from anyone. A half cord is really nothing.

marquistree.com

Husband thinks lol we can store full cord if planned..meaning he moves his extra stuff down cellar where it belongs. NOW THAT WOULD BE A WIN WIN. I have seen on craigslist free wood but unsplit. So next question...would that require Axe or chainsaw? Teen sons said hatchet lol isnt that same as axe? Also along highway we always see dead wood is that legal to take? Neighbor is having her tree trimmed but that wood can't be used right unless old?....sorry lots of questions.

No one will sell us half cord of wood and deliver. I have to drive up to rte 1 and buy by the box. Costs us $20 a box so $80-$100. Every 3 weeks and sons unload my truck. Was trying to find some free wood to help save cost...on soc sec and handicapped. Between meds and doc appts like eveyone else getting harder to manage budgeting. Got nothing else to cut out. If anyone has ideas or extra wood or knows of any or willing to trade..I make really good poundcake. Willing to travel to pick up.
Thanks
Lisa

free sycamore wood for the taking. in Danbury, CT take as much as you want. contact me via PM

FREE FIREWOOD & CHIPS (New Haven County)

Tree Service Offering FREE firewood and premium wood chips delivered to you. Wood is freshly cut (unseasoned) delivered in 8' lengths. Wood is NOT SPLIT! Chips are clean and free of sticks, etc. Looking for a regular drop site, not a one-time deal. Driver will always call before dumping. Please email back with your name, address, and phone number.

Latest posts

Back