Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compare

• 372XP

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • 385XP

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
As long as the work holds out I'm planning on buying a new saw before this winter, one with heated handles!! I'm thinking 372xp, 2171 or ms440. I just can't make up my mind!! Oh well one of each!!!:) Ya, thats it!!!

385XPG would be my suggestion to you Ryan :D or maybe a 372XPG...Or both and I'll buy the other that you wont need..

Rob.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 372, but if you want professional level performance with a 24" bar, you will need the 385.

If you are doing firewood the 372 with 20" or 24" will do well with less weight.

I am speaking of hardwood cutting. I have no experience with softwood. Very little is cut by people I know here in Illinois.

Not knowing what I am talking about, I would go with a modified 372. Powerful, light weight, and I have never heard a bad word about the 372. I would love to have one.

Hear is a stock appearing PP372xp that cut within 1.7 sec. Of a “KD 090”.
Not to bad if you ask me But then again why shouldn’t it?
My vote is for the 372xp send it to Dan for the PP process and you will be sending 385 home with their tails between their legs, this one sent a 2100 and a fully built R8800 Homelite home rite Larry?
BTW the stock appearing PP372xp ran 10 sec. Flat in a 10x10 popular cant 3 cuts witch was about 2 sec. Faster than anyone else in the class. And why shouldn’t it?

Ben,
Dan did run a 7900 in the same class, It did well came in 3rd place with a completely stock muffler. The 7900 will be real interesting once the full mods. are done and why shouldn’t it be

Hey Eric,

I bet it wont beat my slow PP385...but then again a why would'nt it :rolleyes: :D Nice saw I'm glad you had fun at the race..

Rob.

Back