Confused on a chain for 25" bar when ordering online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCrown

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on Chains available for a Stihl MS391. I recently purchases this saw with a 25" bar installed from a dealer. Of course I would like to have spare chains available , but upon review online i am getting a little confused. The current chain is a 84 link stihl brand 33 rs3 currently on the Saw. Majority of the Chains online from other manufactures are still 84 links but for a 24" bar, then I see chains stating for use on a 24"/25" bars. Would I be good ordering a chain for a 24" bar, does this saw reduce that much to accept the 24" chain?

Thank you all in advance
Ron

84 Links 3/8" Pitch .050" Gauge is whats on the bar currently​

That's the correct size. Stihl calls that length bar 25" long, but everyone else calls it 24".

Just need to decide what style cutter and safety features you want. You have full chisel chain (RS) with reduced kickback ramps next to the depth gauges (3).

That's the correct size. Stihl calls that length bar 25" long, but everyone else calls it 24".

Just need to decide what style cutter and safety features you want. You have full chisel chain (RS) with reduced kickback ramps next to the depth gauges (3).
Thank you for the help. This opens up a lot more choices.

Back