Consulting Arborist Insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.breck.m

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been discussed in other places but I currently do municipal urban forestry work and am thinking of trying to get started as a private consulting arborist. One of my main concerns is not getting sued, and I’m wondering if any consultants out there could share what kind of insurance they carry. I would be doing tree risk assessments, tree protection plans for construction, supervision for planting projects required by the city, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You want Errors and Omissions or Professional Liability. Same (or close enough to the same) thing, different names. Call around to several independent agencies. It is not a "common" thing I found. Mine is underwritten by Westbend and is part of a total business liability package...

PS: here is a thread about the topic elsewhere...hope posting that is OK

You might also check with Erie Insurance. That’s who I have my contractor insurance through and they’re very good and offer lots of different types of coverages to protect contractors in various trades.

Thank you both. Do you think it’s necessary to set up as an LLC as well or would Errors and Omissions be enough?

Back