controversial dead ash removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya and you still can't or won't afford a new pair...

did something around 16 K last week... 5 days .. most 12-13 hours

I sometimes think I need to move but I ain't no city slicker, I have lived in them but really enjoy the country and nearest neighbor being 1/4 mile away. I likely would have insomnia for a while living in the city with all the noises. I may hear an owl,coon,possum or occasional bear but I am at peace with those sounds. Anyway good for ya Murph!:clap:

Last edited:
I bet Mulphy is making a stack more $$$$ than most on the forums thru CUTTING TREES DOWN?TREE WORK

Theres another forum which is full of ass out of the pants "treeguys"who don't run crews that drag mulphy down out of jelousy and to blow there own miniscule ego's a much needed breath of fresh air.

Keep up the good work Daniel and free speech.:greenchainsaw:

Good point!

Why is it a good point? Too many variables come in to play with sheer money made as a rule of thumb. It could be he is in a great area, I am not saying Murph does or doesn't do good work. I am just saying earnings can be misleading. I think for the most part Murph does good work but I won't call him my hero :cheers:

HA HA..

Glad you guys are having some fun...

the mullet LIVES...somewhere in a drawer... funny thing is an old buddy of mine stopped by the house yesterday to look at some electrical work... short up top and tail down his back.. LOOKED TERRIBLE...

for the $$$... This areas had big trees and good $$... used to be a gravy train... then it got fiercely competitve starting in the mid-late 90s... Competing aginast a bunch of companies with their own cranes, 75' buckets. 200+ hp chippers etc.. aint easy... especially when the work gets slow... prices drop through the floor...

Here's a crane job from last week.. had to match Rick's 6K... 1500 for the crane and a day and a half of work, with stumps left to do... wood pick up was a wash

HA HA..

Glad you guys are having some fun...

the mullet LIVES...somewhere in a drawer... funny thing is an old buddy of mine stopped by the house yesterday to look at some electrical work... short up top and tail down his back.. LOOKED TERRIBLE...

for the $$$... This areas had big trees and good $$... used to be a gravy train... then it got fiercely competitve starting in the mid-late 90s... Competing aginast a bunch of companies with their own cranes, 75' buckets. 200+ hp chippers etc.. aint easy... especially when the work gets slow... prices drop through the floor...

Here's a crane job from last week.. had to match Rick's 6K... 1500 for the crane and a day and a half of work, with stumps left to do... wood pick up was a wash

Nice job Murph here that tree would go for 2kto 3k if you got the job. It knocks the crane out unless you own one. It can be done without one though but it is nice to get to use one:cheers:

PS: Why did they want those out is what I don't get?

Last edited:
Thats pretty impressive actually murph.. did you ride the crane up to attach the slings, and then make the cuts out of the bucket?

This is the same rick that's always selling some sweet crane or something in the treetrader huh? Looks like some serious competition there.

Those looked like some exceptionally nice trees.. I have to wonder why that tasteless old wench wanted them down so bad?

That sound like it really hurt you feelings Murph.

You gotta tell him "either wear that mullet right and with pride or don't wear it all!":bang:

I was only out of the bucket on those two white oaks for a few minutes.. another climber set the slings, when I couldn;t reach from the bucket...

It was easy as the operator is a master and he set the pace.. I was following pretty quick in that bucket though.. pretty close to maxed out for 85% of the limb cuts, some of which were pushing 24"...

the BIGger of the two had a 5' crack between the two main leads, and no one wanted to rod and cable it... Kinda looked like it was rotten at the union from the ground, though it was not...

someone had bolted the two trees together where they had two big limbs rubbing and the big tree snapped that rod when it pushed out about a foot towards the house... Just too big and dangerous to recommend remedial care, even though it could have been done, no one wants that kind of potential liability...

someone had bolted the two trees together where they had two big limbs rubbing and the big tree snapped that rod when it pushed out about a foot towards the house... Just too big and dangerous to recommend remedial care, even though it could have been done, no one wants that kind of potential liability...

I have a hard time with cabling, bracing, and most other forms of tree support too. The liability, even when using best practices is significant. We're not talking about engineered material here, it is a natural object subjected to all aspects of its environment that lives, grows, and decays. There are too many variables most of the time for me to have much interest in it. Nice work Murph.

I have a hard time with cabling, bracing, and most other forms of tree support too. The liability, even when using best practices is significant. We're not talking about engineered material here, it is a natural object subjected to all aspects of its environment that lives, grows, and decays. There are too many variables most of the time for me to have much interest in it. Nice work Murph.

The burdon of proof would be on them as to whether your cable system caused or added to the failure or whether incompetence was involved on your part leading to the injury or damage. Cabling and bracing are very viable tools to allow many trees to be enjoyed much longer than otherwise without them.

Many people that downplay the treatment of supplementary supports either do not know how to install them and/or do not understand them.

Support systems need to be monitored and sometimes to be replaced.

Last edited:
agreed..

I sell a lot of cables and know they save lives... Proper cables mean high cables.. the vast majority are installed too low... I shoot for 4/5th the height from union to tips when possible... usually takes two climbers to get them that high efficiently..

thru rods are a bit of a hole in my game.. I have an elm that needs one, and I out the money on it to go buy a bit, but was told to wait til winter on the rods because of DED..

Latest posts

Back