?? convert 3.3 Craftsman to Chrome Bore??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixxer

Lord of Combustion
Reaction score
I know you guys are the ones who know ..!!

I'm a 58 year old gearhead who loves hot rodding everything from dirt bikes to cars to my saws...

Professionally built and built / ported off road machines and owned dynojet dynos for years, so with help from true saw guys, I hope to catch on quick ...

But I have never been a guru on the wide world of detailed saw info... 2 strokes and engines basics, yes ... Saw details in particular, no...

The gist of it .. just bought a Craftsman 3.3 thinking it would be a decent mid sized poulan...

Bummed out to find chrome piston and aluminum bore ..

Anyone know what poulan or husky cylinder and piston kit would be a bolt on to swap it all to chrome bore??

I know this is kinda like putting silk stockings on a pig, but I already bought the dang pig...

Save me..

I think the Poulan Pro 335 had a chrome bore and it should bolt right on. I've had them both and they ran the same. If the cylinder is good I wouldn't change it. The Sears 3.3 had spring anti vibe and the Poulan had rubber ones.

I think the Poulan Pro 335 had a chrome bore and it should bolt right on. I've had them both and they ran the same. If the cylinder is good I wouldn't change it. The Sears 3.3 had spring anti vibe and the Poulan had rubber ones.

It would be fantastic if I could just swap a 330 cylinder on there.. I have a couple extra 330 pistons... I think I read that the 330 has a different bolt pattern..

I don't have a 335 cylinder at this point..

Thanks much for the info!

Back