Convert cs352 spur drive to Rim

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Since the cs352 uses a spur chain drive I'm wondering if anyone has ever found a way to convert it to a Rim drive?
If memory serves me that's a 52 link chain, 3/8 drive .050 guage bar.
Should be an easy conversation. As much as I use that Saw I'd like a Rim drive. The fact is, when I bought that saw, I had no idea I'd use it as much as I do.
It WAS intended to be strictly and only a Limbing saw.
The thing is addictive. Those days when im cutting firewood of approximately 12 -16 inchs, and splitting only 3 or 4 trees, a larger saw seems redundant.
Instead of two saws I use the cs352 and carry 2 bars and 2 chains.
Today I was bucking trees on the groubd which has been banked a while. Hate cutting dirty bark, hacked the dirty crud off, cut, rolled and finished each 20inch block. Was in a hurry so used the cs490 which I love but It's already a Rim drive. There is not a lot of difference in weight but the cs490 is faster.
Someone probably makes a splined clutch drum that would fit, or could easily be altered to fit the cs352 even if its on another brand of saw. Wondering, cs490. Maybe I need to measure that drum. Anyone else wondering?

Since the cs352 uses a spur chain drive I'm wondering if anyone has ever found a way to convert it to a Rim drive?
If memory serves me that's a 52 link chain, 3/8 drive .050 guage bar.
Should be an easy conversation. As much as I use that Saw I'd like a Rim drive. The fact is, when I bought that saw, I had no idea I'd use it as much as I do.
It WAS intended to be strictly and only a Limbing saw.
The thing is addictive. Those days when im cutting firewood of approximately 12 -16 inchs, and splitting only 3 or 4 trees, a larger saw seems redundant.
Instead of two saws I use the cs352 and carry 2 bars and 2 chains.
Today I was bucking trees on the groubd which has been banked a while. Hate cutting dirty bark, hacked the dirty crud off, cut, rolled and finished each 20inch block. Was in a hurry so used the cs490 which I love but It's already a Rim drive. There is not a lot of difference in weight but the cs490 is faster.
Someone probably makes a splined clutch drum that would fit, or could easily be altered to fit the cs352 even if its on another brand of saw. Wondering, cs490. Maybe I need to measure that drum. Anyone else wondering?

Try the chainsaw forum....might get more notice/response.

Search ebay. Try all the saw suppliers: Bailey's, Madsens's, and others.

I found rim and drums for my vintage Pioneer S-620 saws on ebay, the guy had 4 and I bought 2.

Latest posts

Back