Conveyors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Who has a conveyor for handling firewood and how much more efficient do you think it makes your operation?I just won this one on ebay havent had a chance to go pick it up yet.
attachment.php

thought about one but we work in an old chicken house so it wouldn't work too good unless we ran it through the wall to the outside, but we like to keep the wood inside so we don't have to cover it.

Is that one PTO only or? That should be a nice handy size.

We've used one up here for loading wood into old wire corn cribbs. Awesome deal except the noise and it only ran off PTO. We're going to cut one down more to the size you've got there and run it with a smaller engine for normal loading of trucks and such.

The splitter will "load up" quickly unless you have a way to move the split chunks. I couldn't imagine selling wood(for profit)without the use of a conveyor.

This one has a gas engine on it.I might convert it to hydraulic and run it off the splitter.

I'm looking for some conveyors, what'd you give for that one?? I currently have my splitters in the wood yard, the guys split and stack on trailers, and the trailers are then moved into the shop where it gets bundled, only problem is I don't have enough trailers, and the splitters always have to be a few days ahead of the bundlers. I also have a team of guys that wants to run bundlers on the weekends, and they are talking about a lot of people, so they'd be able to produce a lot, and I don't have the trailers for that, so I am trying to improve the setup...

I have a question for you guys. When you split it and load it on the truck direc to the splitter, how do you measure it out? how do you know if you have a face cord or not?

I got this from the same guy.It is a hydraulic Dumpster i guess you would say.
i'm going to run the conveyor in it then tow it to the dump zone.

Dan, run a wanted ad in the Ga farm bulletin.That will get you some prospects.

Advertise looking for a paddle type grain elevator. that will bring in the right kind of calls.

pafirewood said:
I have a question for you guys. When you split it and load it on the truck direc to the splitter, how do you measure it out? how do you know if you have a face cord or not?

Thats a good question. I would like to know too.

Get a conveyor for square bales, those will be plenty big for wood..... If I was to get one thats what i'd do.... But i don't cut enough wood to need one, we just heat the shop and were ahead of the game by a couple years...

huh, most of the square bay-conveyors I see wouldn't come close to working, they have open centers, you must have a different kind??

yes they work great:clap: Make sure u get one wide enought if u dont and it fall on sideways it will bind up. And make sure it is belt driven so that u have a slip point if it does bind up( no direct PTO or chain drive). I learned the hard was m first on its now in the scrap yard.lol. I picked my up for $100 in a field.

Latest posts

Back